General Subjects > General Forum

New plant passport regulations

<< < (6/6)

Neil:
Yann

ANNEX XIII
List of plants, plant products and other objects for which a plant passport is required for movement within the
Union territory
1. All plants for planting, other than seeds.

Does not need to name species when this is included.

Yann:
Yes off course, that's not new. I was talking about PPE, UK nurseries selling to EU are concerned by it.
PPE (export) will replace the old CITES forms. In fact all plants concerned by potential quarantine.

Otherwise plants trade withing EU need to be labelled and travel with a list. Exception for trays and trolleys even mixed that only need to be referenced and travel with a list (paper or electronic), in this case the smallest unit is the trolley.

At work we transport plants for many garden centers and nurseries all around EU and nothing really change.
We transmit to customs the plants list loaded in the trucks. We've only one customer that sticks labels on tray (done by robot), the others only tag the trolleys.
We also transport palets of parcels filled with plants from the number one mailbox seller of France. Each pot has a label with EU flag, the registered seller number, the latin name, internal ref. In each parcel the invoice with the reference list, that's all. It changes nothing for them, they do the same for 27 years.
The pallets are then delivered to the Post warehouse and shipped in Europe.

Since december 2019 zero control.

Neil:
Yann it all depends on what deal is reached, not hopeful myself that there will be a deal, and as I only sell orchids, I can't see the UK staying in the EU CITES group as it has already been stated by the UK government that they want a UK voice on all these of things.  I sell more orchids to the EU than the UK, so I am already resigned to the fact I am going to have a much smaller market.

annew:
A further snippet of info:
Another nurseryman told me that parcels sent with the passport on the outside of the parcel were returned to him, and he was advised to put it inside the box. I asked my local people and they confirmed that it should go INSIDE the parcel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version