We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Wisley LOG 7/11  (Read 13481 times)

Paul Cumbleton

• Pleione Wizard
    • The Pleione Website
Re: Wisley LOG 7/11
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2007, 07:18:31 PM »
Hi Lori,
That's a really good question and to be honest it had not crossed our minds - it's the first time the department has organised anything like this ourselves! Whether or not we can publish the proceedings in some way will depend on the goodwill of our speakers allowing this. I will ask them if they would consider this. Thanks for the idea!

Paul
Paul Cumbleton, Somerton, Somerset, U.K. Zone 8b (U.S. system plant hardiness zone)

I occasionally sell spare plants on ebay -
see http://ebay.eu/1n3uCgm

http://www.pleione.info/

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2007, 11:15:08 PM »
or the photos and transcript could appear here
Antrim, Northern Ireland Z8
www.snowdropinfo.com / www.marksgardenplants.com / www.saveourswifts.co.uk

When the swifts arrive empty the green house

All photos taken with a Canon 900T and 230

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2007, 11:22:01 AM »
Wonderful pics of Massonia.  I'd love to grow all of them, particularly that purple leafed form.  I currenntly grow depressa, jasminiflora (seedlings that have flowered range white to pale mauve) and seedlings of pustulata which may actually be echinata I have been informed since.  I really love your superior flower form of the jasminiflora.  Now I'd just like to find plants or seeds of all of these, particularly that form of jasminiflora, forms of pustulata and the little pygmae.  Wonderful, wonderful plants that add a touch of interest in their leaves alone (like the Haemanthus).

Great log, and I look forward to the Daubenya (a genus I have been wanting to grow for many years but haven't been able to acquire yet) log next week, particularly the pictures.  I don't think I've seen a pic of a Dubenya yet that I haven't liked.... the flowers are so intricate and extremely desirable (spoken like a collector of course!!  ;D)

Thanks for the log.  8)
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Diane Whitehead

• Queen (of) Victoria
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2007, 03:21:30 AM »
Paul,

Have you any idea of how many people can attend the hepatica
talks?  I missed out on the Czech conference because fewer
could fit in the lecture room than wanted to be there.  Is this
likely to happen at Wisley?
Diane Whitehead        Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
cool mediterranean climate  warm dry summers, mild wet winters  70 cm rain,   sandy soil

Paul Cumbleton

• Pleione Wizard
    • The Pleione Website
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2007, 09:16:16 AM »
Hi Diane,
Gosh are you really considering coming from Canada? That's brilliant! The maximum number of people we are allowed in the meeting room is 100, so that is how many tickets will be available. I have no idea how popular this is going to be - we have not done anything like this with Hepatica before, so have nothing to go on. I suppose "book early to avoid disappointment" would be the best advice.
Paul Cumbleton, Somerton, Somerset, U.K. Zone 8b (U.S. system plant hardiness zone)

I occasionally sell spare plants on ebay -
see http://ebay.eu/1n3uCgm

http://www.pleione.info/

Loripep

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2007, 01:31:47 PM »
CAn you smuggle me in your suitcase Diane?

Lori
Lori in Orangeville, Ontario, Canada

shelagh

• Black Pudding Girl
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2007, 02:09:33 PM »
Maggi what the hell are you going to do with beansprouts? You're not turning into a veggie are you? I always had you down as a good trencherwoman like myself. The thought of you heading towards size 0 is too depressing for words.
Shelagh, Bury, Lancs.

"There's this idea that women my age should fade away. Bugger that." Baroness Trumpington

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2007, 08:35:55 PM »
Maggi what the hell are you going to do with beansprouts? You're not turning into a veggie are you? I always had you down as a good trencherwoman like myself. The thought of you heading towards size 0 is too depressing for words.

Fear not, Friend, I will feed any sprouted beans to the neighbour's bunny rabbits. I only eat such stuff myself (with generous helpings of smoked bacon and salami) to help me work up an appetite in warm weather.....! ::)
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal