(1/2) > >>

VIEIRA:
hello!
my serapias cordigera.

everything of good!

Jorge viera

Batalha- portugal

Lesley Cox:
This one is a stunning colour Jorge. I love these and must try to get some from my man in Tasmania next summer.

Paul T:
Beautiful strength of colour in the flower isn't there.  Much better than the S. lingua that I grow, the only species of the genus that I have ever come across.

Lesley Cox:
Marcus Harvey lists two. Not that one though.

Paul T:
Lesley,

Yeah, I bought S. lingua from Marcus a few years back as I already had S. neglecta...... then found out that my S. neglecta was actually lingua (I think it was that way around.... I guess I'd better do the research again and work out which way it was, unless I wrote on the pot that I got from Marcus as that was the one that was correctly named)!!  I never remember to get the neglecta from him, although there isn't a HUGE difference between them from memory.  S. lingua does brilliantly for me, multiplying very well and thriving on sheer neglect.  I had them in a 6 inch black plastic pot for about 5 years before repotting them the year I got the one from Marcus.  That was 3 or 4 years ago I think, and I only just repotted them this year again.  I don't even recall whether I sprinkled bulb food in that time or not. They also flowered every year as well.  No protection from frost or anything like that (although there was perhaps a slight overhang from some other things, but definitely not "protected").  Delightful little flowers.  Do you want me to rustle up a pic for you?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version