Memorable Topics – Threads and posts that are just too good to lose > Plant Information and Portraits

Alpine Walks in Valais

<< < (2/80) > >>

Ragged Robin:

--- Quote from: aruby on April 29, 2009, 07:58:56 PM ---Robin,
I've googled a bit - is it maybe nature reserve "Pouta Fontana"?

--- End quote ---
Armin that one is near Sion in the valley....could be interesting too...everything up here a little bit more low key!!!!!

Hristo:
Bravo RR, what a rugged landscape, it will be interesting to see it soften a little as the flora develops through the spring.

Ragged Robin:

--- Quote from: Maggi Young on April 29, 2009, 07:41:01 PM ---What super photos.... I hope for lots of these walks, Robin!
Your last photo of the flower and the emerging needles on the larch really says 'Springtime'. 8)

--- End quote ---
Thanks Maggi - it was Hristo who actually got me going as I love his adventures into the wild but the Spring has only just reached this altitude!  I'm glad you liked the larch cone it's one of my favourite things I wait for, the colour is the most gorgeous deep pink in the sunlight (when it deigns to shine)  8)

Ragged Robin:
Over the holiday our daughter and husband came out for a quick break - haven't seen them for 5 months so we made up time in the thermal pools (so relaxing) followed by cool mountain walks (very invigorating). We went up to the top of the waterfall in my previous post, hearing the massive volume of meltwater thundering down the ravine from about 1,700 metres to the valley below.  Up here the temperature drops and the snow has only just started retreat to the mountain tops.  In its wake the wild crocus spread like a carpet in to the distance only opening in the afternoon sunlight that reaches the meadows here. We marveled at them with the light filtering through and found some other plants brave enough to shrug of the cold and wet and be the first to flower too.  This is our record of photos - please correct any ID!!!!

Ragged Robin:
and more...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version