General Subjects > Plants Wanted Or For Exchange

Primula allionii 'Cissie'

<< < (2/2)

MarcR:

--- Quote from: Rick R. on December 26, 2022, 06:18:47 AM ---Peter, I see this is your first post.  Welcome!  And to take that step, an offer do a good deed!  The world would be a lot better with more people like you.  Thank you!

--- End quote ---

INDEED!!

Maggi Young:

--- Quote from: Rick R. on December 26, 2022, 06:18:47 AM ---Peter, I see this is your first post.  Welcome!  And to take that step, an offer do a good deed!  The world would be a lot better with more people like you.  Thank you!

--- End quote ---

Hear Hear!!  8)

Peterk:
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

I would not advise growing Primula allionii cultivars without overhead cover or shelter unless you have similar conditions to their natural habitat or have fully researched how others have succeeded. Some Primula allionii hybrids or Primula marginata might be a wiser choice.

There is an excellent thread in the Primula section of this forum of alpine Primulas being grown in window boxes. I haven't tried this method but the poster's photos show that this method is successful.

I actually ordered from Floramontana before Brexit and I received 'eine Raupe' (a caterpillar) who had eaten well and caused a lot of damage before my treasures arrived. The greedy caterpillar was released unharmed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version