Specific Families and Genera > Hepatica

Hepatica in northcentral Pennsylvania, USA

<< < (9/9)

Gabriela:
Very nice leaf forms of Hepatica acutiloba Mark. Especially the third one with many lobes is very unusual.
Regarding the size, you may want to consider that maybe some are young plants, 2-3 years old. I noticed among my seedlings of H. acutiloba (and H. americana) that the leaves are much smaller than in their mother plants.

It's going to be interesting to see how their flowers are looking next spring. I guess we can already start thinking at the spring at this point  :D

Too bad that there is the rust infection around, didn't see any plants with such symptoms in the areas where I usually hike.

Mark W. Simonis:
Gabriela and Rick, The mutated leaves may carry over from the previous year on rust infected plants. I will be checking this into the future. And just this year I started removing the obviously infected plants at one site to see if it is controllable. Will see. Mark

Mark W. Simonis:
Merry Christmas!  Looking at some pictures from here in northcentral Pennsylvania, USA and turned some interesting Hepatica nobilis var. acuta (or Hepatica americana var. acuta, Massey 2022). Five of these with more than the usual three flower bracts and two with two flowers and interesting flower bracts.  Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version