Seedy Subjects! > Grow From Seed

Storing Fritillaria & Erythronium seeds

<< < (3/3)

Vinny 123:
It works both ways - the UK has had a requirement for phyto' cert's for a year(?), apart from seeds from the EU, which was supposed to happen this year, but has been delayed.

Not everything will get caught by our customs, but any that is, is automatically destroyed. At least with deadstock, you get an option to pay import duty etc.

You'd only need more than something like 10 Australian SRGC members to want seeds from the distribution for the cost of phyto' to becaome insignificant when split amongst them. Add in what ought to be trivial domestic letter post.....

fermi de Sousa:
Our group, AGS Vic Group, is hoping to make some sort of representation to the Govt but it's hard to know how much luck we'll have.
We've heard that NARGS and the Cyclamen Society are looking at the idea of getting one Phyto and sending all the seeds to one recipient to send on.
As well as that we have started our own Seedex which is open to Australian members,
cheers
fermi

Jan Jeddeloh:
So I'm running the Pacific Bulb Society seed exchange.  I have an exchange coming up soon.  Up until now we've shipped seed to Australia.  Does anyone know if the phytos for Australia requirement is now the real deal or is it still in the coming down the pike phase?  I need to know if I can send seed to Australia this time.  It would have be done at the receiver's risk. 

Jan

Australis:

--- Quote from: Jan Jeddeloh on May 15, 2022, 11:30:02 PM ---So I'm running the Pacific Bulb Society seed exchange.  I have an exchange coming up soon.  Up until now we've shipped seed to Australia.  Does anyone know if the phytos for Australia requirement is now the real deal or is it still in the coming down the pike phase?  I need to know if I can send seed to Australia this time.  It would have be done at the receiver's risk. 

Jan

--- End quote ---

Hi Jan,

The new rules are now in place - a phyto is required for seed imports into Australia (I've just gone through the BICON tool for determining an import case and can confirm they now list the phyto for seed imports).

https://bicon.agriculture.gov.au/BiconWeb4.0/ImportConditions/Bookmark/GetBookmark?EvaluationStateId=cc124782-db83-48fa-a9e6-102eae8e2dac&EvaluationPhase=ImportConditions&CaseElementPk=1800886&ImportDefinitionPathwayNodePK=469&OnshoreManagementPathwayNodePK=

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version