Bulbs > Ian Young's Bulb Log - Feedback Forum

Bulb Log 2017

<< < (2/36) > >>

Ian Y:
Thank you for the comments Matt, yes there is an advantage to short stems.

You are correct about the Celmisia , C. mackaui does ring a bell - I am sure I did find that out some years ago but just forgot the name - thanks.

fermi de Sousa:
Hi Ian,
the "hoops" are a major part of our early daff displays.
The Rod Barwick (Glenbrook Bulb Farms) introductions 'Kholmes' and 'Smarple' (both from N. bulbocodium subsp. bulbocodium var. conspicuus x N. cantabricus subsp. cantabricus var. foliosus) were the first I manged to get a hold of from local sellers before finding out that he put out a catalogue (hard copy, never on-line!) and that was the real start of it!
Now we have interesting seedlings coming up in the garden the way they come up in your sand plunges!
Nowadays the hybrids bred by Lawrence Trevanion and Graham Fleming (Mini-Daffs on the Forum) are superseding Rod's but all are still worth growing - as long as you have the space! ;D
cheers
fermi

Ian Y:
Eranthis pinnatifida makes its appearance but Narcissus are still the flowers of the week - snow falling on the garden enter the snowdrops.

http://www.srgc.org.uk/logs/logdir/2017Jan181484736810BULB_LOG_0317.pdf

shaun342:
Thanks Ian for another amazing informative log. I may not comment much but I'm always blown away by the time and effort you put in to these photos and articles. It is much appreciated  :)

Ian Y:
Thank you Shaun it is  nice to be appreciated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version