Specific Families and Genera > Hepatica

Hepatica 2008

(1/32) > >>

johngennard:
After snowdrops,snowdrops,snowdrops,bickering and much antagonism ;time for some hepaticas to lighten the mood.The first picture is of several pots of 5yr.old plants from seed of one called 'TAMADORI'.Not a great one but the first named one that I bought and nothing like the description.Then one called 'DAISAIHOU' followed by 'TAMAMUSHI'  and 'Oriheme'.The rest are all singles grown from seed of my own collection.Hope they lift your spirits.

Maggi Young:
My goodness, John what a super display for January... more than enough to lighten any spirits, I would think :D   As you know, I'm not  a great fan of doubles but when I see these little beauties, my hard old heart softens quite nicely...... :-X

snowdropman:
John - what a gorgeous flower that pink one ('TAMAMUSHI' ?) is - thanks for posting.

mark smyth:
Yours are week or more ahead of my collection's early flowerers. What's the top dressing? I like it.

Martin Baxendale:
Like Anthony, I planted my expensive double hepaticas out in the garden, as advised by the seller, where they pined and away and disappeared despite my best attentions (I promise I didn't loose such expensive things without a struggle!)

I think Anthony said last year that he lost his too after following the advice not to cossett them in pots. And like Anthony, if I'm ever in the financial position to afford replacements, they're staying in pots - they were fine in pots under glass 'till I put them out!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version