Specific Families and Genera > Hepatica

Hepatica Book by Andreas Händel

(1/10) > >>

Maggi Young:
Andreas Händel- known on his website as Mr Hepatica, announces the publication next year of his hepatica book.  There is an offer to order now and save 6 euros.

"Dear friends,

seven years of work later and my book of Hepatica is finally done! In spring, just in time with the full bloom of my little darlings, you will be able to find everything worth knowing about Hepatica on 240 pages—currently only in German. And if that wasn't enough, the book is going to contain 95 of Josh Westrich's finest photo portraits of the most beautiful species. Further 320 photos show a multiplicity of the 250 registered (hardy) species as well as detail screens on propagation and suitable neighboring plants.
All of you, my friends and long-term customers, have the chance to receive the book for the special price of only 62,– €. Why not consider your friends for the perfect Christmas gift or simply treat yourself to something special?
Order now by email! The book will be delivered in February/March 2014.
I wish you all a wonderful Christmastime and a good start into a richly and beautifully blossoming year 2014.

Green greetings
–Mister Hepatica–
Andreas Händel  "

Liebe Pflanzenfreunde,

nach 7 Jahren Arbeit ist es geschafft: mein Hepatica-Buch ist endlich fertig! Im kommenden Frühjahr, zur Blütezeit meiner Lieblinge, finden Sie auf 240 Seiten alles, was man über Leberblümchen wissen muss. Dazu gibt es im Großformat 30 x 30 cm 97 Bildtafeln mit herrlichen Portraits der schönsten Sorten, fotografiert von Josh Westrich.
Weitere 320 Fotos zeigen eine Vielzahl der 250 registrierten (winterharten) Sorten sowie Detailfotos zur Vermehrung und geeigneten Nachbarpflanzen.
Allen meinen Stammkunden biete ich das Buch hiermit zum Vorzugspreis von 62,– €* an. Vielleicht auch als Weihnachtsgeschenk für gute Freunde?
Bestellen Sie jetzt per Mail! Lieferung im Februar/März 2014.
Ich wünsche euch/ Ihnen ein ruhiges, friedliches Weihnachtsfest und einen guten Start in ein blütenreiches Jahr 2014!
Grüne Grüße
–Mister Hepatica–
Andreas Händel

Thanks to Hans J. for letting us know of this book.

shelagh:
LOOKS WONDERFUL :D When can we expect an English translation my German only extends to beer or wine ::).

angie:

--- Quote from: shelagh on December 22, 2013, 04:21:36 PM ---LOOKS WONDERFUL :D When can we expect an English translation my German only extends to beer or wine ::).

--- End quote ---

I am half German and all I can say is hello and goodbye, so Shelagh you would do better than I would.  Should have listened to my mum when she tried to teach me German  ::)

Angie  :)

Peppa:
Good timing! I was actually looking at his site a month ago and wondering if I could see a preview of the inside. I took German when I was in college but I've lost 99 percent of it. :-[

Anne Repnow:
Maybe of interest to Hepatica fans: Andreas Händel published a very nice article on new Hepatica selections and hybrids in the January 2014 issue of Germany's best gardening journal "Gartenpraxis". Apart from a number of beautiful photographs there is a list of new and very special selections of Hepatica which Händel considers to be the most exciting:

Hepatica nobilis var. nobilis (single): 'Blaue Elfe', 'Feuerkäfer', 'Fliederkind', Frühlingslied', 'Giselle', 'Indigo Blue Strain', 'Odette', 'Schneeballschlacht', 'Schneesturm JP', 'Tausendschön'

Hepatica nobilis var. nobilis (filled): 'Anderson's Dream', 'Maria Theresia' (extremely sought after since Christian Kress's mother plants were destroyed by a dredger... :-X), 'Marion', 'Rote Glut JP', 'Schwanensee', 'Sternenglanz', 'Supernova'

Hepatica transsylvanica: 'Blumenstadt Erfurt', 'Düvelsblau JP', 'Harvington Beauty', 'Melanie JP', 'Schwanensee', 'Sternenglanz', 'Supernova'

Hepatica x media: 'Avatar', 'Blaue Stunde', 'Blue Jewel', 'Mondsteinsonate'

Hepatica x euroasiatica: 'Gletscherschnee', 'Prof. Friedrich Hildebrandt', 'Rötgesbütteler Röschen'

Other Hybrids: 'Dark Star' (H. nobilis var. japonica x H. transsylvanica), 'Milstream Merlin' (H. acutiloba x H. transsylvanica), 'Pink Pearl' (H. yamatutai x H. transsylvanica)

including the name of the plant, its origin and a short description. Of course, Händel's own selections are rather prominent - but I think rightly so.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version