We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Tulipa 2009  (Read 70931 times)

Gerdk

• grower of sweet violets
Re: Tulipa 2009
« Reply #480 on: November 03, 2009, 06:22:39 PM »
What a delicate little tulip!

Gerd
Gerd Knoche, Solingen
Germany

Boyed

• Vintage Tulips
« Reply #481 on: December 01, 2009, 06:20:49 AM »
Back to the elevator Tulip.   Ninth elevator proved to be the correct one, however it took several rides to get rid of the crowds to take two shots. Apologies for the quality of the shots, it was dark in there and bumpy.  The red is just a tad brighter than shown.

johnw

John,

I think I could identify your unknown tulip.
It must be Single Late tetraploid tulip 'Rhodos', having a distinct yellow base. I attach its pix.
In your photos the base is greener and the flowers have a bit pointed shape, because they are in a bud. When the flowers mature the base most probably turns yellow. At least 'Rhodos' has the same very clearly defined base shape and base margins.
Zhirair, Tulip collector, bulb enthusiast
Vanadzor, ARMENIA

johnw

• rhodo-galantho-etc-phile
« Reply #482 on: December 01, 2009, 11:59:19 AM »
Back to the elevator Tulip.   Ninth elevator proved to be the correct one, however it took several rides to get rid of the crowds to take two shots. Apologies for the quality of the shots, it was dark in there and bumpy.  The red is just a tad brighter than shown.

johnw

John,

I think I could identify your unknown tulip.
It must be Single Late tetraploid tulip 'Rhodos', having a distinct yellow base. I attach its pix.
In your photos the base is greener and the flowers have a bit pointed shape, because they are in a bud. When the flowers mature the base most probably turns yellow. At least 'Rhodos' has the same very clearly defined base shape and base margins.

Thanks Zhirair! I think you have indeed found it.

johnw
John in coastal Nova Scotia

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #483 on: December 01, 2009, 08:52:22 PM »
And lovely it is too, in a group like that. Thanks.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal