We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Glen Chantry Resting Bulb List 2018  (Read 2567 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Glen Chantry Resting Bulb List 2018
« on: June 20, 2018, 11:23:58 AM »
From Wol and Sue Staines :

Dear fellow galanthophile

We hope that by now you have received our 2018 resting snowdrop list by post. It would be good to be able to rely on post or email 100% but both have let us down in the past. We enclose our list and details on two attachments in case you are without the postal copy. Several items are now in short supply so if you are interested an early order is advised. If you have the postal copy we apologise for adding to your web traffic.

With best wishes

Wol and Sue Staines

The forms are for UK orders  - if you have  questions please email Wol and Sue at:   glenchantrysnowdrops@talktalk.net

* Glen Chantry Resting Snowdrop Order List UK June 2018.doc (148 kB - downloaded 659 times.)

* Glen Chantry order form UK Resting Snowdrop June 2018.pdf (118.67 kB - downloaded 265 times.)
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Glen Chantry Resting Bulb List 2018
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 12:56:53 PM »
And now the  European versions of the Glen Chantry  resting snowdrop list and order forms ....

* Glen Chantry Europe Resting Snowdrop List June 2018.doc (148 kB - downloaded 245 times.)

* Glen Chantry European Resting Snowdrop Order Form European June 2018.doc (33 kB - downloaded 145 times.)
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Blonde Ingrid

• Journal Access Group
  • General gardener & Galanthophile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 03:37:27 PM »
A number of people have asked me where they can get 'G.e. Hughes Emerald', one of my favourite drops.

You can get one on this list, where it is listed under it's sometimes used alternative UK name.

Here is a reminder of the majestic G.e 'Hughes Emerald' to whet your appetite, if you have not seen it. It is a wonderfully vigorous garden plant.

Alan_b

• 'finder of the light'
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 07:11:27 AM »
To their credit, Glen Chantry strive to use the correct version of all snowdrop names and will modify their nomenclature when it emerges that past usage was in error.  I see a few instances where that has happened on their list.  And evidently they read this forum. 
Almost in Scotland.

Mariette

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 07:35:51 AM »
Thank You for Your information, Maggi! Last year I still hesitated, but now I couldn´t resist to order ´Mary Ann Gibbs´, which was one of the most desirable snowdrops for me ever since I learnt about it in the bible. ´Miss Willmott´and ´Walker Canada´are the others I ordered, the latter being highly recommended by John Grimshaw when he gave his enjoyable talk in Kalmthout this year. Obviously, my preference is for elegantly shaped snowdrops.  ;)

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal