Specific Families and Genera > Pleione and Orchidaceae

House Orchids 2023

<< < (2/2)

GordonT:
Here is wishing everyone a wonderful holiday season. Just in time for Christmas, Cycnoches warscewiczii, one of the 'Swan Orchids' has come into bloom. Although I have had the plant for three years now, this is only its second time blooming under my care (last year I managed to damage the developing flower spike, and it aborted). This is the first time it is carrying two blooms, and the fragrance is intoxicating. We thought it was strong in 2021 with one flower. The whole main floor of the house smells somewhat like "Juicy Fruit" chewing gum.

Earlier this year, a few other orchids decided to bloom, but I had troubles attaching acceptably sized photos to share with the group. Vanda Princess Mikasa 'Blue' actually is just finishing its second flowering of the year( fully six months of bloom this year!). This year's blooms have really improved in colour and size!

Lastly, a new orchid joined the group in April 2023. This is Lycaste puntarenasensis var. boquete. Received as a bare root division, I was happy to see it in bloom this summer after its trip here from Ecuador. The newest growth looks as if it may send out a flower or two in the next month.

MarcR:
Gordon,

The Lycaste is beautiful; and very well grown.
Congratulations!   Well Done!

Jeffnz:
I agree with Gordon the lycaste has a remarkable colour and structure, you are lucky that plants can be imported into Canada,great vanda.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version