We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Trifoliate Orange  (Read 562 times)

Robert

• All text and photos © Robert Barnard
Trifoliate Orange
« on: June 27, 2022, 04:23:46 PM »
I am looking for a source for seeds of Trifoliate Orange, Poncirus trifoliata or Citrus trifoliata. I only need a very small quantity of viable seed, 10 to 20 seeds. A source in the U.S.A. is preferable. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 11:38:11 PM by Robert »
Robert Barnard
Sacramento & Placerville, Northern California, U.S.A.
All text and photos © Robert Barnard

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him stepto the music which he hears, however measured or far away.
- Henry David Thoreau

MarcR

Re: Trifoliate Orange
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2022, 06:57:24 AM »
Robert,

Amazon is offering seed.
Marc Rosenblum

Falls City, OR USA

I am in USDA zone 8b where temperatures almost never fall below 15F -9.4C.  Rainfall 50" 110 cm + but none  June-September.  We seldom get snow; but when it comes we get 30" overnight. Soil is sandy loam with a lot of humus. 
Oregon- where Dallas is NNW of Phoenix

Robert

• All text and photos © Robert Barnard
Re: Trifoliate Orange
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2022, 07:41:59 PM »
Hi Marc

Thank you for the lead. When I initially did my Internet search for Trifoliate Orange nothing came up. I am not sure what happened. I have been able to find sources for items that seemed much more difficult to find. Even though they were currently out-of-stock I ordered my Trifoliate Orange seed from Strictly Medicinal Seeds. I have done business with this company, indirectly, in the past and have been very pleased with their products. I would rather pay more for a product from a good company than buy junk and support things I do not believe in. I have working on sourcing items to renovate and expand our orchard on our Placerville property. Buyer beware! In the USA, a lot of leftover junk and inappropriate stock that is designed for agribusiness is being dumped on gardeners and tiny producers. When purchasing agricultural type items, purchase only from trusted sources.
Robert Barnard
Sacramento & Placerville, Northern California, U.S.A.
All text and photos © Robert Barnard

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him stepto the music which he hears, however measured or far away.
- Henry David Thoreau

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal