We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: What goes around comes around  (Read 999 times)

meanie

What goes around comes around
« on: January 23, 2015, 06:42:42 PM »
I quite often send seeds and things out to members on various forum on a "no swap" basis. My theory is that what goes around comes around and on the whole I think that this is borne out.
I recently did a swap with someone on a German forum I visit. I sent various "choice" things, mostly hardy, that seem uncommon over there in return for (amongst others) some rather lovely Abutilon species seed. However this person rather outdid themselves with a "little something extra" that they said they had put in. When I opened the package the "little something extra" turned out to be some fresh seeds for Strongylodon siderospermum!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=strongylodon+siderospermum&safe=off&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=643&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=4JrCVN3wJIXyUqjugogN&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ#imgdii=_

Not quite sure that the name is totally correct (could be Mucuna?) but in the grand scheme of things levelling out I feel like I'm doing a little better than I should!
West Oxon where it gets cold!

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: What goes around comes around
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 07:11:07 PM »
Big  shiny  things like black gobstoppers?   :o   
Wow! Good luck with those - they could prove the highlight of your  (already nifty) collection in times to come!
I'm delighted you've got such a fine "return" - you deserve it!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

meanie

Re: What goes around comes around
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 08:13:31 PM »
Big  shiny  things like black gobstoppers?   :o   
And as hard as bullets! Scarification is easier said (and spelt) than done. :o

Wow! Good luck with those - they could prove the highlight of your  (already nifty) collection in times to come!
Maybe if I can provide something like this.................

Totally unrealistic, but the person involved is growing S.macrobotrys as a houseplant ( :o) so maybe there is some hope.

I'm delighted you've got such a fine "return" - you deserve it!
I try to share, but this was a very nice surprise.
West Oxon where it gets cold!

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal