Bulbs > Ian Young's Bulb Log - Feedback Forum

TRIP TO NEW ZEALAND

<< < (2/16) > >>

Katherine J:
I am more and more convinced that New Zealand is a great place.  8) I hope I will see it some day.
Thanks for the pics Ian, and everybody who posted. Waiting for next chapters!  ;)

Luc Gilgemyn:
No drooling smiley available - if there were, I would have used it !
 ;D

Very promising start of a hopefully verrrrrrrrrrrrry long series Ian - we can't get enough !  :D

David Lyttle:
Hi Ian,

Great to see your long anticipated posting and look forward to more as you were fairly busy with your camera.

Oh Celmisias! Picture 2 is Celmisia coriacea with its characteristic orange midrib: Picture 4 is a bronze form of the same. Picture 5 has Celmisia coriacea on the left and Celmisia holosericea on the right. Your first picture of Celmisia semicordata is the non-descript grey form common on Mt Burns but the second is a much more attractive silver form. It is interesting that Celmisia semicordata shows a range of forms from silver to bronze (var aurigans)  and that the same sort of bronze forms are appearing in Celmisia coriacea. And then there is verbascifolia /traversii/petiolata but I dont want to go there (not on this forum).

Maggi, I can assure you our knees were not naked two days later on the Old Man Range.

Raoulia grandiflora grows very well in cultivation - it increases rapidly and flourishes and then the whole plant dies. I am on my third plant at this stage.

Ian Y:
Thanks to all for your encouragment to go on posting.
David I will be relying on you to keep me correct on the names.
Here are the next ten pictures.
Firts a series of the smaller Aciphylla species, congesta formed some good clumps and pinnatifida was always growing in very wet areas.
ALook carefully in picture 5 and you will see the leaves of Celmisia viscosa on the right , sessiliflora towards the front and a hybrid between the two is in flower.
The tiny mats of Celmisia sessiliflora has long been a favourite of mine but now I have fallen for this hybrid we found.
The tiny flowers of the Euphrasia need close study and the single flowers of geum uniflora shelter under a rock.

Ian Y:
Another shot of the delightful Euphrasia growing throgh C. sessiliflora.
I think this is Dolichoglottis with a magnificient view behind.
Then a very fine Ourisia growing in the rock scree.
My first sight of the famous Ranunculus layallii in the field.
Then I found a hybrid between Ranunculus layallii and buchananii.
Then my fist sight of Ranunculus buchananii wow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version