We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Seeds Wanted / Re: Cardiocrinum + Pulsatilla
« Last post by Catwheazle on Today at 08:01:45 AM »
Thanks for the information.  I will do so.
Seeds Wanted / Re: Cardiocrinum + Pulsatilla
« Last post by Véronique Macrelle on Today at 07:55:20 AM »
hi Bernd.
 Why are you looking for ‘fresh’ Cardiocrinum seeds? Dry seeds germinate very well, but over 2 years.
In the first warm season, the seed embryo develops inside the seed and the following warm season, it produces 1 or more leaves.
fresh seeds will be immature anyway.

if your sowing hasn't started this year, wait until next year.
i obtained seeds last year, ripe too late (november) to send them for the srgc exchange.
Seed Exchange / Re: SRGC Seed Exchange 2023-2024
« Last post by Richard Green on July 26, 2024, 10:37:40 PM »
We are also amazed at how some packets arrive immediately - and some take several months.  They were all mailed at exactly the same time!
We hope that you still have time to plant your seeds, and watch them grow.
Best wishes,
Richard
SRGC Seed Team
Seed Exchange / Re: SRGC Seed Exchange 2023-2024
« Last post by Tomte on July 26, 2024, 09:48:31 PM »
Amazing.. after i have given up hope my seeds would still arrive a letter finally reached me today. Must have been severely confused to take all this time to find its way too me  :o May thanks to the donors and the seed distribution team.
The index for the IRG  is updated. ....Latest IRG Index,  incl. for IRG 174 is online now
https://www.srgc.net/documents/irg/IRG-Index.pdf

IRG 174 for July 2024 is now online:  https://www.srgc.net/documents/irg/240726085558174%20July.pdf
Robert Barnard returns to IRG this month for another tale of his favourite hikes and areas in Northern California, this time to the Camp Creek area.
A short time ago, the Saxifraga Register, Adrian Young, completed the record keeping process for a delightful Saxifraga hybrid, being named by Gert Hoek for his friend, the plantsman, Geert Borgonje, who has recently been unwell.  The description of this saxifrage is given here. 
Finally this month we pay tribute to John M. Watson 1936- 2024 – who was a tireless contributor to the IRG and a fine friend to the Scottish Rock Garden Club.

Cover image: Camp Creek view, photo Robert Barnard.

Flowers and Foliage Now / Re: July 2024 in the northern hemisphere
« Last post by Véronique Macrelle on July 26, 2024, 09:48:43 AM »
Slugs are a big problem here too this year, for example Cardiocrinum (4 shoots after last year's floraiosn) has never been able to make a leaf, and neither have the Meconopsis :-\.
In other years too, but even more so this year. And I don't know why, the slugs like to eat the plants I like best... it's as if they do it on purpose.

As a result, I've contracted a sort of psychological illness that I call ‘seedling retention’: in short, I don't dare plant any more of my seedlings and much-loved plants because the next day, there's nothing left of them!

How can I plant a young clematis in the ground when it needs it, with all those horned predators just waiting for it?
So, for my favourite plants, I've made mini-gardens in big pots, but I'm going on holiday for 2 weeks in August, so...
Grow From Seed / Re: Codonopsis
« Last post by Bob A on July 25, 2024, 10:51:51 PM »
We’ve had a completely pale blue form of P.grey-wilsonii and tentatively named it Blue Ice but still waiting to see if it comes true from seed. Your pale one with purple ring is very nice though. Kit Grey-Wilson has told me that he’s seen completely white ones with a purple ring in the wild but not in cultivation. Like all Codonopsis and Pseudocodon, P.vinciflorus can be variable but all are lovely.
Don’t forget, you can always email me as I don’t always check the forum.
Bulbs General / Re: Dryad Nursery news 2024
« Last post by annew on July 25, 2024, 12:46:38 PM »
Our final listings for 2024 finish tonight – so this is your last chance to add our exclusive snowdrops and daffodils to your collections.
In the season finale, DRYAD APOLLO, DRYAD MINUET and DRYAD REMUS share the snowdrop billing, while the daffodil ensemble sports golden DUCKLING and FOLLETTA, sparkling white STARINA and the baby of the bunch, SWIFTLET.

Meanwhile, our overseas orders will be on their way next week, and my house can stop being a packing shed, and become a sorting shed for The Grand Repotting. I can finally take off my dispatch / IT / social media department hats and stick to just my comfortable potting one.

My thanks to all our customers and bidders for your orders, and your support. I hope you have a wonderful spring in 2025.

You can find the final listings here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/dryadzny/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
GOOD LUCK!
Grow From Seed / Re: Codonopsis
« Last post by Véronique Macrelle on July 25, 2024, 08:17:36 AM »
Hello Bob,
delighted to chat with you...
 I've looked at your site through and through ;D
it's superb.

Thank you also for sending your seeds to the CGRS last year: I really enjoyed it.
and for answering my questions.

the pale form of Pseudocodon is light blue, not white.

I have another (charming) form of probably Pseudocodon vinciflora (sepal not adhering to the button), even bluer than the first, smaller, 2 cm wide and above all with a more campanulate, less flattened shape: which gives it a tonic appearance.  Its leaves are almost round).
 I photographed it next to the paler Pseudocodon ()que vous estimez de quelle espèce ou sous-espèce?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal