We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Help bumblebees with Amazon purchases  (Read 891 times)

annew

• Daff as a brush
    • Dryad Nursery: Bulbs and Botanic Cards
Help bumblebees with Amazon purchases
« on: November 14, 2012, 09:09:39 AM »
Can I remind you all, if buying things (Christmas presents!) from amazon to go there via the Bumblebee Conservation Trust website link or follow the link below, and Amazon will donate 8% of your total purchase to the charity. A great and painless way to help the bumblebees.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/?_encoding=UTF8&tag=bumblebeecons-21&linkCode=ur2&camp=1634&creative=6738
 Thank you!
MINIONS! I need more minions!
Anne Wright, Dryad Nursery, Yorkshire, England

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
Re: Help bumblebees with Amazon purchases
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 09:42:17 AM »
Wow, Anne.

Not a reminder, I just hadn't heard that one before.  Does it only apply to purchasers in the UK?  i.e are foreigners automatically routed to another country's Amazon and therefore don't qualify for the donation to the bumblebees?

Fantastic idea, and I hope it bring a lot of money into helping them. 8)
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

ChrisB

• SRGC Subscription Secretary
Re: Help bumblebees with Amazon purchases
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 12:34:59 PM »
Well, until Amazon starts paying the tax it should pay, I'm on a boycot I'm afraid.... there's lots of other places I can buy my stuff, starting with John Lewis...
Chris Boulby
Northumberland, England

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal