General Subjects > Alpines

Troughs

(1/152) > >>

ruweiss:
I was always impressed by alpine plants grown in troughs and sinks, so it was only logical
to create my own ones. There was a lot to learn, because many plants are simply not
suitable for this kind of gardening. In my experience small Sempervivum species, especially
S. arachnoideum are very usefull for filling the narrow gaps. Only very slow growing shrubs
will do it for a longer time without overgrowing smaller neighbours, good are smaller Daphnes
and dwarf willows. The smaller witches brooms of Tsuga canadensis are also very good
for this purpose.
The most decorative containers are of course real old troughs and sinks, next are replicas
from real stone or hypertufa,but every other container is suitable;even an old grinding stone
can be used.

Maggi Young:
Wonderful troughs, Rudi!  8)
What a fine example to anyone who thinks they have no room for a garden ; get a trough and grow a perfect miniature landscape :D

Lvandelft:
Thank you for showing, Rudi. I see some very nice planting combinations, which survived many years.
Gives me some more inspiration, to start planting my (many) empty troughs at last.

Viola:
They have troughs planted wonderfully beautifully Rudi. congratulations
Karl

Ragged Robin:
These are some of the most artistic garden troughs I have ever seen - congratulations and admiration Rudi  :o

Your diversity of plants in troughs growing so harmoniously together, intertwining and clinging to the rocks, looks like a living canvas.  As Maggi says anyone with a small space or awkward space could benefit from your inspiration.  I have for one  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version