We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: International Rock Gardener – New SRGC Site Feature  (Read 54964 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: International Rock Gardener – New SRGC Site Feature
« Reply #120 on: December 29, 2010, 10:32:35 PM »
An excellent suggestion.... we will contact Hugh.... :D
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2011, 04:20:45 AM »
Hi Maggi, Ian et al,
The February Issue is the equal of all the others ... a magnificent read ... and how lovely to see Franz lauded in this way, a true master of his art and an inspiration to us all.  Many thanks once again for all your hard work.
Cliff Booker
Behind a camera in Whitworth. Lancashire. England.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2011, 10:29:11 PM »
Thank you, Cliff.
ZZ, Ian and I are great admirers of fine gardeners like Franz Hadacek who  have travelled widely to see the mountain plants of the world and who devote such time to their cultivation in their gardens and to sharing with  us their experience.  We are fortunate in the Forum to know at first hand how wonderful Franz' photographs are and how he is always happy to help Forumists with good advice.

Did you, like me, have to get an extra cup of tea to help you recover from "assisting" Joan and Liam McCaughey with the virtual building of their crevice garden?

My back was aching after exploring their project.....we hope some folks will be inspired to try this for themselves..... but my back is not fit for it... I'll just enjoy seeing how these brave folk cope!

John Kitt

• The Spent Gardener
« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2011, 11:57:57 PM »
Hi Maggi and the IRG Team,

I'd like to join Cliff in commending you all on the publication. I particularly enjoyed the contributions on Pulsatilla and Eranthis.
(Also enjoyed the similar style articles in The Rock Garden 126)

You may recall I timidly made the suggestion some time ago to publish the proceedings of the Discussion Weekend - the objective was to give access to the experts and their articles by overseas members, particularly of the type mentioned above.  I understand the need to meet the expectations of a wide diversity of expectations from members with respect to publications, however the technology does allow information to circulate with very little cost.

I note with particular interest the topic you have chosen for this year's Discussion Weekend.  Why not throw caution to the wind and publish the text either on the website or on the forum??

John

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #124 on: February 26, 2011, 08:19:46 AM »
Thank you, John.

Your suggestion about Discussion Weekend topics was a good one and I think Anton, the Editor of the Rock Garden is always working on that and it is something we could use for IRG too.
It is worth mentioning, I think, that depending on how the Speakers structure their talks the presentation of that material in another medium is not always simple to achieve and can be an extra responsibility that some may simply not have time to provide.

We are always grateful to have your input to the IRG  and welcome ideas and submissions - anyone reading this will know how to contact us  8)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 08:22:05 AM by Maggi Young »

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2011, 08:20:19 AM »
The April issue keeps up the tremendously high standard of informative articles and stunning imagery ... we keep saying it, but; "Many thanks and hearty congratulations to all concerned!"
Cliff Booker

Lvandelft

• Spy out IN the cold
  • Dutch Master
« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2011, 11:00:16 PM »
I fully agree with Cliff.
Good to see the story about Tulipa lemmersii. BTW, Wim Lemmers and some friends are at the very moment again in Kazachstan and Kirgizistan hunting for maybe another new tulip.
Luit van Delft, right in the heart of the beautiful flowerbulb district, Noordwijkerhout, Holland.

Sadly Luit died on 14th October 2016 - happily we can still enjoy his posts to the Forum

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #127 on: April 30, 2011, 11:19:36 PM »
I'm almost becoming blase (with an acute) about these magificent articles. We have been led to expect such a high standard and are never disappointed. Once again, congratulations and warm thanks to all concerned, whether travelling to see, writing the notes, taking the pictures and of course putting everything together in the Forum format. Surely there's nothing comparable anywhere else in the world.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Tim Ingram

• Umbels amongst others
« Reply #128 on: July 06, 2011, 07:40:45 PM »
I agree with you wholeheartedly Lesley. The June issue is completely fascinating and informative! It must be so exciting to put together!!
Dr. Timothy John Ingram. Nurseryman & gardener with strong interest in plants of Mediterranean-type climates and dryland alpines. Garden in Kent, UK. www.coptonash.plus.com

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
« Reply #129 on: July 28, 2011, 08:03:51 PM »
July's edition is as stunning as all the others ... magnificent, many many thanks to you all.
Cliff Booker

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
« Reply #130 on: August 25, 2011, 11:09:04 PM »
July's edition is as stunning as all the others ... magnificent, many many thanks to you all.

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, the August edition.  Another wonderful read ... and such beautiful images.
Cliff Booker

Tim Ingram

• Umbels amongst others
« Reply #131 on: August 29, 2011, 06:30:16 PM »
I'd like to echo Cliff's remarks! I started by being excited by the onosmas and lamiums in particular, but then there were the convolvulus, linums, and so many other wonderful plants. I think some autumn hunts through the seedlists are in the offing. Thank you everyone involved!
Dr. Timothy John Ingram. Nurseryman & gardener with strong interest in plants of Mediterranean-type climates and dryland alpines. Garden in Kent, UK. www.coptonash.plus.com

shelagh

• Black Pudding Girl
« Reply #132 on: October 02, 2011, 11:57:51 AM »
Oh no, the Bookeroo in posing mode and right up there on the front page not even page 3 ::) it's enough to put a girl off her breakfast.

A great article though Cliff and covering an unusual subject I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Shelagh, Bury, Lancs.

"There's this idea that women my age should fade away. Bugger that." Baroness Trumpington

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
« Reply #133 on: October 28, 2011, 11:42:39 AM »
October's issue maintains the very high standard of past IRG's. 
Superb illustrations and informative articles of the highest calibre. Very well done!

May i also take this opportunity to thank dear Glassford for his sterling work in producing such a useful and comprehensive index. Where would we be without your continuing efforts sir?
Cliff Booker

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #134 on: October 28, 2011, 12:02:20 PM »
Seconded.

I'm suffering from a touch of "man flu" at the moment but this cheered me up no end.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal