We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Seeds available  (Read 1823 times)

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
Seeds available
« on: December 21, 2013, 10:01:43 PM »
I have some seeds to spare of the delicious Dicentra 'Ivory Hearts' which is, so far as I can see, D. peregrina x D. eximia 'Alba,' probably the white peregrina too. It is a beautiful plant and comes absolutely true from seed. There are good pictures courtesy Google if you don't know it. Anyway I have 24 spare seeds so 12 for 2 people or 8 for 3 people. It should be sown as fresh as possible, like Corydalis seed and it would be better for me to send these now rather than wait until all are harvested, so there may be some more in a week or two. It flowers well in a cool spot. If interested, send me your postal address by personal message and I'll get them away before Christmas. Nothing needed in exchange. Merry Christmas. :)
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Seeds available
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 10:21:58 PM »
Don't know if you remember, Lesley, but looking for a photo I see you offered seed to Kris De Raeymaeker  here : http://www.srgc.net/forum/index.php?topic=8426.msg245494#msg245494

Nice photo here too: http://www.srgc.net/forum/index.php?topic=5405.msg152004#msg152004
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 12:07:18 PM »
I'd love to have it, Lesley,
but it'll be 4 or 5 months before we have "a cool spot" again!  ;D ;D ;D
I wonder if Otto would give it a try?
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 09:10:19 PM »
Fermi I can send a little to Otto.
Thanks for the reminder Maggi. I had totally forgotten. I don't have Kris's address. Perhaps he or you could send it to me? I've had 6 replies so far but I'm collecting a little more seed daily (the pods fall off to the touch) so there should be plenty for all. The two plants I have are much happier here in the cool than they were before I moved and almost every flower is setting seed which is ready just about a week after the flowers fade, so I have to keep a close eye, But it's near the little low electric fence Roger has put round that bit of planting against the rabbits. I turn off the fence each morning then run my finger through the seed pods and a few fall into my hand.

The rabbits seem to be ignoring that place all right and are congregating on the front lawn instead. Six then at 7pm last night! >:(
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal