We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: December in the Northern Hemisphere  (Read 581 times)

Gabriela

• Never enough Gentiana...
December in the Northern Hemisphere
« on: December 22, 2023, 12:01:50 AM »
Here I am starting the December thread just when the month is about to end :)
We've been having such a mild one that it was hard to believe the holidays are approaching. Instead of snow it's been raining, not a great weather for the rockery plants.

Hepatica americana as seen in the woods last week on a sunny day.

And it is time to wish all forumists a wonderful Christmas time and many beautiful plants and gardens in 2024!
Gabriela
Ontario, zone 5
http://botanicallyinclined.org/

MarcR

Re: December in the Northern Hemisphere
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2023, 12:19:27 AM »
Gabriela,

Merry Christmas, and best wishes for the new year to you too.

I am really pleased with the mild winter.  I am trying to grow a few things that are marginally hardy; and the mild winter will allow them to mature and gain strength before their limits are tested.
Marc Rosenblum

Falls City, OR USA

I am in USDA zone 8b where temperatures almost never fall below 15F -9.4C.  Rainfall 50" 110 cm + but none  June-September.  We seldom get snow; but when it comes we get 30" overnight. Soil is sandy loam with a lot of humus. 
Oregon- where Dallas is NNW of Phoenix

Leena

• Leena's You Tube Videos
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2023, 04:20:24 PM »
Here I am starting the December thread just when the month is about to end :)
We've been having such a mild one that it was hard to believe the holidays are approaching. Instead of snow it's been raining, not a great weather for the rockery plants.

How wonderful to have a weather in December like in the first picture, almost like spring with even sun. :)
Rain is not so good, and I hope your plants still know that winter is coming, and all is well when real spring comes. :)
Leena from south of Finland

Jeffnz

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2023, 05:38:53 PM »
Merry Christmas and best wishes for the New year from down under.

MarcR

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2023, 10:40:14 AM »
Jeff,

It's good to hear from you, friend, I haven't seen you post for a while  :)

Merry Christmas  to you as well, and may your new year be prosperous and successful in every way.
Marc Rosenblum

Falls City, OR USA

I am in USDA zone 8b where temperatures almost never fall below 15F -9.4C.  Rainfall 50" 110 cm + but none  June-September.  We seldom get snow; but when it comes we get 30" overnight. Soil is sandy loam with a lot of humus. 
Oregon- where Dallas is NNW of Phoenix

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal