We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Daphne mezereum white form  (Read 9345 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Daphne mezereum white form
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006, 04:43:53 PM »
Here is a photo of the lovely Tjeerdsma Family: sweet and kind, every one of them!
1796-0
Although some are not so cuddlesome as others:
1800-1
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 04:45:49 PM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2006, 08:40:16 PM »
Hannelotte, how can you bear to live so far from your garden? I guess it's under snow for much of the winter and therefore not of any practical use at this time. But surely you have a little bit closer to your home with a few pots, troughs or something. I have to live right in my garden all year round so that I can nip out to look st the seed frame each morning and so put off doing the dishes until later.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2006, 08:42:55 PM »
Sweet and kind and SLIM Maggi, I'm wildly envious. But I think the piggy looks cuddlesome too.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2006, 08:47:30 PM »
Yes, Lesley, the Tjeerdsmas are an exceedingly slim bunch but we love them anyway.... they remind me of Ian, who can fall down rain gutters he's so skinny.I was like that once... ah, the memories! But, as you know, I've grown out of it since.... but you see the attraction of the handsome and gallant Gerben?
PS I think the pig may get fatter!!

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2006, 09:07:18 PM »
There are many attractions in the horticultural community in Sweden, and I do not confine myself to comment about the quality oftheir plants, undoubted though that most assuredly is... no, I'm talking good-looking young men... something a woman of my age can be considered an expert in spotting... I suppose if I were a man admiring young women I'd be arrested... but here are two more of Gothenburg's finest gardeners; Johan and Peter
1823-0
Peter is married, too...sigh!

Not that we haven't handsome men in the UK, here are some of my favourites from a recent SRGC weekend: Firstly, John Page, Jack Brownless and Ian the Christie Kind
1825-1

Ian (I'm still skinny) Young and John (Big John) Amand, seen here with the vivacious Jenny Archibald.
1827-2
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 09:42:32 AM by Maggi Young »

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2006, 09:29:35 PM »
I do indeed see the attraction Maggi. Isn't it great to be getting on in years. We can get away with saying all sorts of things we couldn't when still young and attractive ourselves (I speak ONLY for myself here).

Gerben reminds me a lot of the lovely Tim in OZ, at whose party I would be sloshing it back tonight, if only I didn't have to work at 6am tomorrow. But Tim has promised to have several drinks for me which is great because I won't get the hangover.

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2006, 09:32:25 PM »
Meant to add that it's a pleasure to have pics like those above so that overseas members can put faces to names, though I don't recall Jenny as being quite so jolly when she was here a couple of years ago, Must be the company she's keeping.

And incidentally, I don't recall saying at any time that I actually MADE the cake. Did I?

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2006, 12:59:15 PM »
here's the Daphne. I little wounded by it's travels. It somehow got stuck in a corner of it's box and ended up with a bad bend.
Antrim, Northern Ireland Z8
www.snowdropinfo.com / www.marksgardenplants.com / www.saveourswifts.co.uk

When the swifts arrive empty the green house

All photos taken with a Canon 900T and 230

Gerben

• Göteborg Correspondent
    • Gerben's plants
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2006, 05:54:15 PM »
Mark, I'm sure it will survive. It took a long time for the package arrive I think. It should normally take three days, must be all these Christmas cards.
Well anyway, good luck with the plant. Here you have a picture of the mother.

MAGGI, LESLEY stop it. You should see my face, like a red Dutch greenhouse tomato. No wrong, my face was red. My wife and daughter where screaming when they saw the picture on the website. I told them that just a few people are reading this site, or am I wrong Ian? Now they want to eat more but the cuddle friendly pig, named Astrid, is eating everything.
And Maggi don't take Johan and Peter away from us, hands off.
Gerben Tjeerdsma, Sweden

Gerben's website : http://www.gerbianska.com

http://gerbianska.shop.textalk.se/

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal