We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Christmas Greetings Everyone  (Read 18996 times)

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
Christmas Greetings Everyone
« on: December 07, 2006, 10:05:57 PM »
Merry Christmas everyone
Antrim, Northern Ireland Z8
www.snowdropinfo.com / www.marksgardenplants.com / www.saveourswifts.co.uk

When the swifts arrive empty the green house

All photos taken with a Canon 900T and 230

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
Re: Christmas Greetings Everyone
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 02:21:05 AM »
A beautiful card Mark, and I hope that all that arrive here are as lovely. Thanks for your Christmas greetings but I'll save mine for a few days.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

SueG

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 05:13:03 PM »
Seems like a good time to add my christmas greetings to all forumists as I finish work tomorrow (hurrah!) and for the next couple of weeks I'll be away from my desk and computer. Finally I might just find the time to see the garden in daylight and raise a festive glass of something to the promise of the new year when slugs and aphids will be unknown and all my bulbs will flower and no plants in pots will expire from lack of care. . . .

Oh well I can dream  ;D  ;D  ;D

See you all in the New Year.

Sue
Sue Gill, Northumberland, UK

Ian Y

• Bulb Despot
  • Administrator
  • Why grow one bulb when you can grow two:-))
    • Direct link to the Bulb Log SRGC
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 07:53:14 PM »
Happy Hols, Sue!
Ian Young, Aberdeen North East Scotland   - 
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
https://www.srgc.org.uk/logs/index.php?log=bulb

DaveM

• Doctor Rock
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 07:58:23 PM »
Hurray!! Tomorrow is also the last day of work for me for two weeks  ;D

So, here's wishing all forumists a jolly Christmas - see you all in the new year.

Campanula formaneckiana, in my garden, grown from MESE seed.
Dave Millward, East Lothian, Scotland

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 08:04:15 PM »
Lovely Campanula, David, a new take on 'Christmas Bells', .
Enjoy your break, hope Francis enjoys Christmas... I take it Santa will  be calling chez vous?
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 08:17:44 PM »
A very merry Christmas and happy New Year to everyone from down under too. So here it is Maggi. Not a best effort I'm afraid, a little off centre but it tastes good. My sister made the snowdrops for me but you will understand why they didn't get sent down to me. I can use them another time. I figure the cake will cut into about 20 pieces so 1 for Maggi, 1 for Thomas, 1 for.....Oh for Heaven's sake, everyone, just help yourselves.

1747-0

1749-1
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 08:23:48 PM by Lesley Cox »
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 08:35:09 PM »
WOW! It is truly scrumptious, Lesley! You have surpassed yourself... such beauty on the outside, and inside, such rich melting fruity deliciousness... I'm ecstatic!
Thanks from us all to you for this... we wish you, too, the happiest, healthiest  of years in 2007 and hope that all forumists will have fortune as good as this cake!

DaveM

• Doctor Rock
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 08:38:09 PM »
Cheers maggi - you got my drift! 
'Fraid the young one doesn't believe in Santa any more!! Sadly, they do grow up so quickly these days ..... at 8????.... :'(. However, I have told him that if the glass of malt and mince pie for Santa and carrots for the rheindeer are not put out ready then there might not be any pressies...... ;D :'( :'( :D

Lesley, yummy looking cake. Oh well, there goes the diet, for another year.......

Dave
Dave Millward, East Lothian, Scotland

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 08:46:56 PM »
 It is a joy to me that we are able to enjoy such happy interchanges between friends across the world in the pages of this Forum, as well as increasing our knowledge of the wee plants that bring us together in the first place.... We send the good wishes of the Web Team to all of you and to your families at this Holiday Season and hope that your Christmas is calm and peaceful and that 2007 will bring new strength and  health and happiness to you all. If you do not celebrate Christmas then our wishes are just as sincere for your well being, we will just use this convenient period at the close of the year to express them.
Cheers, Everyone, here's to you !

1751-0
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 08:48:57 PM by Maggi Young »

Paddy Tobin

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 09:47:23 PM »
Please accept without obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. 

May I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the generally accepted calendar year 2007, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make our nation great.

Not to imply that Ireland  is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only  Ireland  in the Western Hemisphere. And without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishes.

By accepting these greetings you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself or himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher.

This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher."

But, that aside, I must say that Lesley's cake alone would be reason enough to travel to NZ. 

And to all forumists - A Very Happy Christmas.

Paddy

Paddy Tobin, Waterford, Ireland

https://anirishgardener.wordpress.com/

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2006, 10:42:17 PM »
Dave how could you say such a thing! There definitely is a Santa. It's just as we get older we do so much to upset him we get less and less.

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2006, 10:52:59 PM »
I can taste the cake from here!

I got this great photo/card from my friend who photographs birds

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2006, 11:43:26 PM »
Try telling my two there isn't a Santa. Anyway, a teacher in Scotland got her heid tae play with by telling her class that Santa's replies came from the GPO. Lucy got her reply last year from Lapland :P - abeit in April!
Anthony Darby, Auckland, New Zealand.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"
http://www.dunblanecathedral.org.uk/Choir/The-Choir.html

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2006, 02:03:06 AM »
Best wishes to all on the Forum!
While you in the Northern hemisphere have been having rain, floods and maybe snow, here in Victoria we're currently on bush-fire alert with high temperatures and strong winds predicted!
The good news is that there's a cool change coming for the weekend and Christmas day should have a top of around 18C - perfect to enjoy a hot roast Christmas dinner! We follow the basic British tradition of stuffing ourselves silly with ham and turkey and even goose this year folowed by plum pudding with Brandy sauce! Not being a cook of the calibre of the "Cake-maker in chief" we've opted for the local restaurant for a fun afternoon with the neighbours - and no washing up!
Gardening at the moment consists of keeping things watered, seed-collecting and filling-in the holes left by "Errol", the local echidna, as he searches for ants!
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal