We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Fritillaria pinetorum, F. falcata  (Read 1124 times)

Alex

• Oxford, U.K.
Fritillaria pinetorum, F. falcata
« on: September 16, 2012, 11:11:04 PM »
Hi all,

I've been looking for the above for a while now. Does anyone have bulbs/rice/seeds? I can swap a few things including other N. American Frits. like F. liliacea, F. gentneri rice; I can also offer a variety of stuff outside the genus and in particular some nice Pleiones, mainly species.

Alex

Gerry Webster

Re: Fritillaria pinetorum, F. falcata
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 12:42:03 PM »
Alex - I wish you luck in your quest - they are both very desirable plants. However, I believe they are not widely cultivated & are said to be difficult. I have known only one person who  cultivated both, very successfully.

In 2001 I carried out a survey for the Frit Group of frits in cultivation (see Fritillaria no. 9). Of the 103 people who responded, 6 claimed to grow F. falcata & 15 to grow F. pinetorum. For comparison, 15 claimed to grow F. gentneri & 8  to grow F. japonica.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 12:45:20 PM by Gerry Webster »
Gerry passed away  at home  on 25th February 2021 - his posts are  left  in the  forum in memory of him.
His was a long life - lived well.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal