General Subjects > The Archibald Archive

Archibald Archive: new items

<< < (2/12) > >>

Gerry Webster:
Thanks Maggi. I'll try to be patient.

Hillview croconut:
Hi Maggi,

I have just literally stumbled across these pages. What a treat! What a feast! What a stash!

Bravo and hurrah!!!

Marcus

David Stephens:

--- Quote from: Gerry Webster on August 07, 2012, 02:17:58 PM ---Great stuff. Keep it up!

--- End quote ---

Hi Gerry
JCA 805, specifically JCA 805a out of which was born 'Julia Jane' and other cultivars was collected on Jim's 1966 marathon trip to Iran via Morocco, not the 1962 trip. I have a lot of Jim's material and field notes which, as Maggi said, we will be slowly publishing to the archive as and when I tidy them up. I hope to have a seed list master list ready to publish any day soon. If Maggi and her boffins can work out how to do it we will link seed list numbers to photo's of the actual plant as grown by members who send in their photographs. Thus, over time we can achieve a fitting tribute to Jim and his contributions to botany and horticulture.
David

Gerry Webster:
Hi David

Thanks for this info. The only date given in the JJA list is 1962  hence my confusion. Though Jim does say "first collected in 1962" which I had not really taken in.

Thanks David for all your work on this great project &, of course, thanks to Maggi.

Gerry

David Nicholson:
Many thanks for the work you are doing David. I agree, it will be a fitting tribute to a great plantsman.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version