We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Aberdeen show  (Read 12777 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Aberdeen show
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2012, 09:11:21 PM »
Maggi,
The Rhodo is 'Maruschka'

Thank you, Graham,   I should have remembered that. I love the cheery colour..... one might even say the cheery cherry colour  ;)
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2012, 11:46:58 PM »
Well! What an incredible Show that was, surely the best in the country for a long time judging from the photos. This thread has been a fitting memorial to the Show's long history and it is sad for those at this end of the world as well as for all its local supporters and visitors that this is the last, for a time at least. But those young girls look like the future for Aberdeen and surrounding districts and when children are encouraged to take part so early, it augers well for alpine showing in the area. Well done to them, their families and all who encourage them.

For me, while the plants are fantastic, I'm always pleased to see the people too and get to know a few more faces, especially this time, posters Graeme and Graham. I was pretty sure that large dog didn't really tell the story. :D
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2012, 05:29:50 AM »
I agree Lesley. Lovely selection of plants. The judges must have a very difficult task, but I suppose the expert eye can reduce the difficulty? Well done Angie. Nice to see Karl Heinz.
Anthony Darby, Auckland, New Zealand.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"
http://www.dunblanecathedral.org.uk/Choir/The-Choir.html

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2012, 10:52:34 AM »
Well you know, it looks a lovely show... and it was... with seven plants being awarded Certificates of Merit in addition to the other prize winners there is no doubting it was full of great plants..... but I can think of shows in the past that would have blown the socks off this one...... and the number of exhibitors is falling, even with some new folks.

I don't know what the answer is.... but something will turn up..........
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

angie

« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2012, 12:55:17 PM »
Anthony your Cyps are giving me so much pleasure, thanks for giving me them  :-*. Drove past Dunblane yesterday on my way to Glasgow and the sun was shinning and it was a nice 18c, everything was looking so lush with all the rain that we have had. There is some beautiful scenery around Dunblane.

Angie  :)
Angie T.
....just outside Aberdeen in North East Scotland

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal