We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Beginning of bulb scree or just a disaster?  (Read 760 times)

Susann

Beginning of bulb scree or just a disaster?
« on: May 16, 2013, 02:09:56 PM »
Sorry for starting a new thread, but I couldnīt decide where to post this image, which was what met me when I came home ofter an abscense of 20 minutes the other day. I had asked a neighbor who was doing some digging to give me the spare stones. I thought it might come in handy for a new bulb scree. His detailed instructions were to put the stones on the grass next to the driveway.

We must have had some problems with our communication. And yes, the white door in the upper corner of the picture is the garage-door. Garage...you know the place where your car is when not in use?

I have been thinking of replacing the grass in the middle of the driveway with nice alpines, but a scree in the middle of the driveway never occured to me. But thinking of it, it might be quite nice and certainly different.
The fastest way to reach your goal is to take one step at a time

shelagh

• Black Pudding Girl
Re: Beginning of bulb scree or just a disaster?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 02:13:46 PM »
Susann I hope your car is an 'off roader' ;D
Shelagh, Bury, Lancs.

"There's this idea that women my age should fade away. Bugger that." Baroness Trumpington

Susann

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 02:45:49 PM »
Unfortunally the car is a regular Volvo.
But a dear and nice friend promised to bring gloves and come and help me moving the stones tomorrow. She said, after have seen the image: "just tell me where you want them". I think she needs glasses. The stones are so big, that even being two, (and from a province where stone-moving with iron bars is something you learn with your A-B-C ) we should be happy if we manage to move them towards the sides, leaving some space in the middle for the car. But I am happy, the stones will be great to build the new scree. Whenever that will be done...

Susann

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 05:37:28 PM »
OK, here comes the end of this thread. My friend Nina came today and helped me with the stones. And, I was right, she had not really understod how big they were when looking at the image. But we ( read she!) managed to move all of them into the grass or gravel path. The car was happy. And so am I! My friend counted 27 stones of the bigger size, and we agreed some of them will be very nice for the bulb scree. Two of them were to smooth in their shape, so they will move to the conifer area.

The stones were quite big...

...but dear Nina is not...

and finally the smaller ones

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal