We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: The African Bulb Garden selling bulbs!!  (Read 6271 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: The African Bulb Garden selling bulbs!!
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2007, 03:06:57 PM »
Well, they're planted now, so I'll really have to keep my fingers crossed.

I think the difference between Paul's -9 C and the same here is that it is much  damper -9C here!
Yuck!

Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2007, 03:44:42 PM »
The proof of the pudding, as they say, is in the eating. Even 50 miles north of me has a much drier (and warmer?) summer climate, and the Moray coast is Scotland's banana belt.
Anthony Darby, Auckland, New Zealand.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"
http://www.dunblanecathedral.org.uk/Choir/The-Choir.html

ChrisB

• SRGC Subscription Secretary
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2007, 07:15:59 PM »
And I've just planted out eleven different agapanthus he has just sent me, but I do have the sandy, free draining soil so I'm hoping they'll be ok.  We've had such weather lately!  All the bulbs arrived for mine and Sue's order last week, some with little extra bits in and so on, but all in spanking good condition and very generous proportions too.  I'm well pleased.  Hoping that A. 'Windsor Grey' lives up to expectations, it looks so nice in the picture!  Also planted out a dozen Crocosmia pottsii tall form and two Watsonia knysnana, so from a boring old bed of Inula hookeri that I have had too long, I've now got a mini African bulb bed  ;D
Chris Boulby
Northumberland, England

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2007, 12:56:34 PM »
You just couldn't restrain yourself with those Agapanthus, could you, Christine? You see, I was very good and didn't get any of those... though it was a tough decision to make!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

ChrisB

• SRGC Subscription Secretary
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2007, 01:07:08 PM »
 :D Yes, Maggi..... I had to have them.  Hope I've not been too optimistic about them growing in the garden.  I know they are weeds in other parts of the world nowadays, but I just love them.  And now I'm off out to dig out even more things I've grown quite tired of, so there will be even more space in my garden soon.  But really, I have to make room to move a number of things from my gravel bed.  Then I can concentrate on growing more alpines in that area.  Its funny how one gets tired of plants.  I've grown Inula hookeri for ten years now and enjoyed its amazing flower opening act, but its time to move on.  I'm aiming to grow one of everything in my lifetime (with the exception of certain weeds lol) and the clock is ticking....
Chris Boulby
Northumberland, England

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal