We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Bulb recognition challenge  (Read 2472 times)

Alex

• Oxford, U.K.
Re: Bulb recognition challenge
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2012, 12:19:52 PM »
Actually, I did!

Sorry not to update earlier. Mr. Amand looked into the problem and found that an easily confused assistant had packed something with a similar (to him) name instead of the Pleione - what he packed was 10 tubers of the N. Indian aroid Remusatia hookeriana.

We were allowed to keep them with no charge.....I await the flowers with moderate interest (Google images does not suggest that I will exactly be pinned to the back of my seat by this spectacle).

Alex

ronm

Re: Bulb recognition challenge
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2012, 04:19:40 PM »

We were allowed to keep them with no charge.....I await the flowers with moderate interest (Google images does not suggest that I will exactly be pinned to the back of my seat by this spectacle).

Alex

From what I've read it seems that if it flowers at all its a major event! :o Apparently the preferred method of reproduction for the plant is by bulblets. ::) So at least you should have plenty in a short while,  ::) :P :-X
I hope you can flower it where others fail. Good luck :)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 04:23:22 PM by ronm »

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal