We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Blue poppies  (Read 7483 times)

maggiepie

Re: Blue poppies
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2011, 10:24:30 PM »
John, thanks so much for your kind offer.
Would love to take you up on it.
Are the plants offered in spring, divisons or seedlings?
ANy idea of the average price of a plant?
Helen Poirier , Australia

johnw

• rhodo-galantho-etc-phile
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2011, 02:06:29 AM »
Helen

Some good baileyi seedlings - many from Jelitto  - that sell for $6.99-ish.  Might manage a division from a nearby big clump but nows the time to do the damage.

BTW I get BBC using iPlayer but particular programmes are only available until the next time the show airs.  re: BBC TV friends pay a couple of dollars a month to someone in Spain to sign in via them.  This expatshield sounds much better.  Also the Berlin Philharmonic is viewable these days - sensational live.

johnw
John in coastal Nova Scotia

gote

• still going down the garden path...
  • A fact is a fact - even if it is an unusual fact
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2011, 01:06:54 PM »
Re name  changes...... it's changed before  it may change again.... I wouldn't hold my breath.
As I understand what has been proposed,  it it is not a change of name of betonicifolia. The plants grown as betonicifolia are not betonicifolias and have never been - they are misnamed bailiyiis. The true betonicifolia is supposed to be very rare in cultivation.
We have had a similar situation in that most plants previously grown as grandis in fact are x'Lingholm' (and some are baileyii)
I do agree that it may change but presumably the present naming is based on more information than the previous so it should have a better success of remaining.
Cheers
Göte

Göte Svanholm
Mid-Sweden

maggiepie

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2011, 01:53:50 PM »
John, those sound like a bargain.
Only place I have seen them offered was Veseys and those are 29.95$ plus 11.95$ shipping.
Not sure if tax has to be added to that.

Helen Poirier , Australia

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal