We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: composted bark(fine)  (Read 12852 times)

Graham Catlow

Re: composted bark(fine)
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2012, 07:40:02 PM »
Bo'ness. Scotland

Gerry Webster

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2012, 09:04:33 PM »
David, I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but I saw this product in B&Q today.

http://www.diy.com/nav/garden/garden-care-watering/growing/composts___fertilisers/-specificproducttype-fertilisers/Verve-Soil-Conditioner-50L-11907568
Graham - that looks more like the stuff local authorities produce from green waste. Probably OK for digging into the garden but not in a potting compost.
Gerry passed away  at home  on 25th February 2021 - his posts are  left  in the  forum in memory of him.
His was a long life - lived well.

davidunderwood

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2012, 06:36:31 PM »
Thanks you to all forumites that helped me in my search. Took delivery of 11 bags this morning. RESULT. Now have ten other happy growers in this far flung outpost of the Empire. Off to the Kent AGS Show tomorrow, should be a great spectacle as always. Have a good weekend. 

David

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2012, 07:07:05 PM »
Off to the Kent AGS Show tomorrow, should be a great spectacle as always. Have a good weekend. 

Have a great day, David. Same hopes for all attending Kent and Blackpool shows   8)
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

veteran vet

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2012, 08:00:26 PM »
I use East Riding Horticulture near York as a source of composted bark,they deliver to me 'FoC' as they supply some larger garden centres in the area eg Heighley Gate , Morpeth(Northumberland). I think they have a connection to a supplier in the Edinburgh area. At any rate they deliver to me bags of compost similar to fine grade cambark that I have now used for a number of years and have found it to be very satisfactory. I would assume that they also go south to garden centres as well as up north. They have a web site

Derry

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2016, 04:55:25 PM »
I buy propagation grade bark from BHGS.  They deliver to most nurseries.  Ask a local nursery to add your bark to their order
And yes Melcourt is the best

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal