We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Menziesia ciliicalyx  (Read 1657 times)

Paddy Tobin

Menziesia ciliicalyx
« on: December 31, 2011, 08:37:23 PM »
A friend in Maryland, USA, has asked me if I know of anywhere he might source this seed. It is not one I have grown and not one I am familiar with.

Can anybody help?

Paddy
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 09:29:56 PM by Maggi Young »
Paddy Tobin, Waterford, Ireland

https://anirishgardener.wordpress.com/

johnw

• rhodo-galantho-etc-phile
Re: Menziesia psiliacalyx
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 09:00:24 PM »
A friend in Maryland, USA, has asked me if I know of anywhere he might source this seed. It is not one I have grown and not one I am familiar with. Can anybody help? Paddy

Paddy  - I sent seeds of Menziesia ciliicalyx v. purpurea into our local seedex.  The list will be online early in the New Year for general viewing and open for ordering to non-members sometime in Febraury or March. Keep an eye out on the www.atlanticrhodo.org site.

The seed was o.p. but probably selfed. The only possible father would be 'Spring Morning'.

johnw
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 09:03:55 PM by johnw »
John in coastal Nova Scotia

Paddy Tobin

Re: Menziesia ciliicalyx
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 09:40:50 PM »
John,

Many thanks for the speedy reply. I have passed on a link to these postings to my friend and, hopefully, it will lead him to the seed he wants.

On another topic: G. "DA" is performing in a manner beyond all belief and hope. I lifted the bulb at the end of last season and had three joining bulbils. One I sent for twin scaling, put one back in the original posiiton and the third in a new position. That in the new position, the smallest of the offsets, has a flower above ground. The other has SIX shoots though no flowers apparent yet. Imagine that! Isn't it an amazing rate of increase.

Paddy
Paddy Tobin, Waterford, Ireland

https://anirishgardener.wordpress.com/

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal