We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Japanese woodlander  (Read 2456 times)

FrazerHenderson

• For people, scenery and plants visit Yemen
Japanese woodlander
« on: September 16, 2007, 08:15:48 PM »
Help.
I was given the attached plant as a gift sometime ago. I know that it's from Japan and enjoys a woodland habitat. I've lost my plant label and wondered if anyone could help with the identification. It a superb plant and has been flowering since July. It has seed capsules which i intend tto share so a name would be useful. The leaves and deeply cut like those of a cranesbill. The stems are red and wiry. The flowers are nodding. Scent is slight.

Thanks in advance

Yemen, what a country ... Haraz mountains, Socotra, Sana'a, Hadramaut, the empty quarter.... a country of stunning, mind altering beauty...and the friendliest of people.

Martin Baxendale

• Quick on the Draw
  • faster than a speeding...... snowdrop
Re: Japanese woodlander
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 08:22:21 PM »
Anemonopsis macrophylla.
Martin Baxendale, Gloucestershire, UK.

FrazerHenderson

• For people, scenery and plants visit Yemen
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 08:45:49 PM »
Martin

Gosh, that was quick - many thanks.

Frazer
Yemen, what a country ... Haraz mountains, Socotra, Sana'a, Hadramaut, the empty quarter.... a country of stunning, mind altering beauty...and the friendliest of people.

Carlo

• BirdMan and Botanical Blogger
    • BotanicalGardening.com
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 10:39:47 PM »
That's it all right. Subtle, elegant and just about finished here--but a great display of it this year...
Carlo A. Balistrieri
Vice President
The Garden Conservancy
Zone 6

Twitter: @botanicalgarden
Visit: www.botanicalgardening.com and its BGBlog, http://botanicalgardening.com/serendipity/index.php

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal