We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: "Enchanted Forest"- award winning event comes to Explorers' Garden  (Read 884 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
'Transitions': Enchanted Forest in the Explorers Garden  

http://www.explorersgarden.com/explorers-garden/whats-on/transitions-enchanted-forest-in-the-explorers-garden.html

Perthshire Big Tree Country's award winning Enchanted Forest sound and light show is taking place in The Explorers Garden for the first time. This is a unique opportunity to experience the garden at night, transformed by an imaginative and artistic lighting and soundscape.

316778-0

The Enchanted Forest returns to Pitlochry in from 7th - 29th
October 2011.

You can buy tickets now at www.enchantedforest.org.uk - be patient, the site is very busy and it may take a couple of attempts to get through.

You can see a video and some audience reactions  here:

http://www.enchantedforest.org.uk/video_gallery.aspx

I think Julia Corden the garden manager can be justly pleased with the way this spectacular event is bringing yet more happy visitors to the garden!

« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 01:01:06 PM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

ichristie

• Former President
Re: "Enchanted Forest"- award winning event comes to Explorers' Garden
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 08:56:55 AM »
Dear Julia, thank you very much for looking after Ann our Daughter Denise husband Steven our grandchildren Grant (5) and Emma (3) when they visited the fantastic Enchanted Forest on Friday past (I was away in Denmark, the children did not want to come home and were so excited when I came home telling me all about the lights in the trees. I am sure that all your work  is very much appreciated by everyone who visits the Enchanted Forest a great boost for the garden and the whole are around Pitlochry very well done,   cheers Ian the Christie kind.
Ian ...the Christie kind...
from Kirriemuir

Julia

• Journal Access Group
  • Past SRGC President
Re: "Enchanted Forest"- award winning event comes to Explorers' Garden
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 11:23:59 AM »
Thanks Ian,
I'm pleased the grandchildren had fun. The light show has been quite amazing with nearly every show sold out and over 22,000 tickets sold for a 3 week run!
Yes the plants are surviving and Peter Korns crevices gardens are looking great in the lighting.
Julia Corden
Head Gardener Goodwood Estate

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal