We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Jardin des Plantes de Montpellier  (Read 696 times)

Graham Catlow

Jardin des Plantes de Montpellier
« on: September 26, 2011, 08:15:11 PM »
While many of you were conferencing, so was I. But I was in Montpellier in the South of France. I was there from Tuesday to Sunday and you will see from the blue sky in the photos the weather was just fantastic. It made up for our lack of summer. It was a very busy programme, 8:30 in the morning to 8:00 in the evening.
The Botanic Garden was only a 10 minute walk from the conference centre but I only managed to find time for a quick look round on one occasion and then didn’t get chance to see it all.

It is the oldest botanic garden in France, and much of the garden is under renovation and visitors were not allowed access.

Some general views, and a photo of the main glasshouse which is under renovation. Also two photos of how it looked in previous lives.

The last photo is of the largest bamboo plantation I have ever seen – not in square meters but the size of the bamboo.

Probably worth a visit in a few years time when the renovations are complete and the new plantings are established.
Bo'ness. Scotland

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal