We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: The Dingle, Welshpool  (Read 627 times)

Brian Ellis

• Brian the Britisher
  • 'Dropoholic
The Dingle, Welshpool
« on: August 18, 2011, 11:09:38 PM »
I was pleased that on our recent trip we were to re-visit The Dingle Garden and nursery near Welshpool.  This four acre garden has been developed since the late 1960s in a steep valley plunging down to connecting small lakes.  It is an informal mix of shrubs and trees with really good underplanting and the paths round the lakes give stunning views of other parts of the gardens.  The 150 acre nursery supplies far too many plants to tempt...and they did.  Roses are not my favourite things (I can hear the protests from a distance) but I really liked Rosa München.  These photos do not do the planting justice.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 11:11:13 PM by Brian Ellis »
Brian Ellis, Brooke, Norfolk UK. altitude 30m Mintemp -8C

johnw

• rhodo-galantho-etc-phile
Re: The Dingle, Welshpool
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 12:14:13 AM »
Martin - Look at Brian's umlauted u under the rose shot.  Let me try one... ü and why did that work?
Nice rose and deodora Brian.

john
John in coastal Nova Scotia

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 12:17:48 AM »
Nice rose indeed John, and the whole garden. I'm sure I've been to Welshpool, June 1992 it would have been. :) Not the garden/nursery though. I seem to remember a planting at a little railway station, of NZers, Aciphylla, Senecio greyii and Cordyline australis among others.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Brian Ellis

• Brian the Britisher
  • 'Dropoholic
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 09:03:14 AM »
Martin - Look at Brian's umlauted u under the rose shot.  Let me try one... ü and why did that work?
Nice rose and deodora Brian.

john

The umlaut doesn't seem to work on photoshop for some reason!  The Rose is gorgeous isn't it, what's more we both liked it which means I have to source it for the garden 8)
Brian Ellis, Brooke, Norfolk UK. altitude 30m Mintemp -8C

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal