We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Chocolate  (Read 9912 times)

shelagh

• Black Pudding Girl
Re: Chocolate
« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2011, 12:58:05 PM »
No Wim we didn't get to the Chocolate Museum, went round a Brewery though.

Actually the Chocolate moment of the trip was when Johnnie D asked for hot chocolate in one establishment and was brought a cup of hot milk and a small container of chocolate drops so you could determine your own strength, in fact the container was chocolate too so it all went in.  John pronounced it GREAT.
Shelagh, Bury, Lancs.

"There's this idea that women my age should fade away. Bugger that." Baroness Trumpington

WimB

• always digs deeper...
    • Vlaamse Rotsplanten Vereniging
« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2011, 03:52:31 PM »
No Wim we didn't get to the Chocolate Museum, went round a Brewery though.

Oh yeah, we love our beers too  ;) ;) ;)

Actually the Chocolate moment of the trip was when Johnnie D asked for hot chocolate in one establishment and was brought a cup of hot milk and a small container of chocolate drops so you could determine your own strength, in fact the container was chocolate too so it all went in.  John pronounced it GREAT.

That's wonderful, isn't it?  ;D Until a couple of years ago you only received hot chocolate like that in the chocolate bars; now more and more tea rooms and pubs do it too...
Wim Boens - Secretary VRV (Flemish Rock Garden Society) - Seed exchange manager Crocus Group
Wingene Belgium zone 8a

Flemish Rock Garden society (VRV): http://www.vrvforum.be/
Facebook page VRV: http://www.facebook.com/pages/VRV-Vlaamse-Rotsplanten-Vereniging/351755598192270

angie

« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2011, 09:50:22 PM »
I don't believe even I eat 11 kilos of chocolate in a year. :o :o :o

At the beginning of 2012 I shall buy 11 kgs and see how much is left at the end of the year. ;D Will have to mortgage the house though.

Lesley my favourite is Asda White chocolate buttons, 3 bags for a £1 . Each bag is 70g I wonder how many bags I would have to eat to get to my 11 kilos of chocolate. I would be willing to give it a try but could I wait till 2012 to start.  ::) ;D

Wim see what you have started  :D

Angie :)

You would need to eat 3 bags a week Angie, with an extra bag as a treat on your birthday.  :D

Once upon a time I could manage that quite easily, however after 8 years attending "Fat Club" I could still manage it easily I just chose not to as I know how much exercise I would need to do to burn off the calories.  :'(

sometimes it's just better not to know, ignorance is bliss.

Susan

Should I be honest, I wonder. Well ok I will be. I can eat three bags in one night  :o 
Susan I can't believe you were ever in a fat club, as for me I was a fatty when I was young and even though I lost a bit of weight a few years ago it's creeping back on again. It used to upset me being overweight but since my sister died my attitude has changed. Life is very short so i try and not fret about my weight. But I suppose eating three bags of White chocolate buttons won't help  ::) I blame Asda, they shouldn't sell three bags for £1  ;D

Angie  :)
Angie T.
....just outside Aberdeen in North East Scotland

SusanS

« Reply #153 on: September 25, 2011, 07:03:46 PM »
Angie,

I have a similar problem with Thorntons, they always seem to have a sale on and are practically giving chocolates away ......  to make it worse the shop is right next to the entrance to the gym.  :-X

Susan

Darren's t'other half

Martinr

« Reply #154 on: October 12, 2011, 07:09:02 PM »

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal