We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Chocolate  (Read 9913 times)

TC

• Roving Reporter
Chocolate
« on: July 27, 2011, 05:49:47 PM »
I wondered who would be the first to look at this post - it would have to be a lady member.  Anyway, today has been the ideal Summer's day.  Wall to wall sunshine, a gentle breeze and a temperature of 23c.  Coming back from a trip down the coast, my lady wife suggested that we stop at a fancy ice cream parlour for some ice cream.  This is a fancy place that make their own ice-cream, chocolates and patisseries  - they have a French cook and choclatier(correct spelling?). The ice cream was good and the chocolates looked highly desirable.  On the way out, I came upon this notice.  This is open for discussion !
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 05:51:26 PM by TC »
Tom Cameron
Ayr, West of Scotland

bulborum

• Botanical bulbofiel
    • Facebook Forum
Re: Chocolate
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 05:54:14 PM »
My wife says that I am a man ;D

Roland
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 05:55:47 PM by bulborum »
Zone <8   -7°C _ -12°C  10 F to +20 F
RGB or RBGG means:
We collect mother plants or seeds ourself in the nature and multiply them later on the nursery

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bulborum/

For other things see:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Pumpkins.Tomatoes.Sweet.and.mild.Peppers

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 06:31:12 PM »
....and I was away eating some reconstituted beans of happiness.......
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

alpines

• Alan's the one with the beard
    • The Alpine Garden
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 06:50:41 PM »
Chocolate....whether ground from beans, or not........ is definitely happiness.
Alan & Sherba Grainger
in beautiful Berea, Kentucky, USA. Zone 6
www.thealpinegarden.com
www.KentuckyFlora.com

angie

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 07:24:23 PM »
Chocolate....whether ground from beans, or not........ is definitely happiness.

I second that. I am at my happiest when eating chocolate. But don't ask me to share.

Angie :)
Angie T.
....just outside Aberdeen in North East Scotland

jandals

• the waddleler
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 09:09:35 PM »
Hi . My name is jandals ( not my real name ) and I am a recovering chocoholic . It took me many years to face up to my addiction and even longer to build up the courage to tell others . I have been in and out of rehab many times . Choc ... its no good , I can't even say the word . It drags me down whenever I feel free of its cocoa bonds . Peppermint , duo , mousse .. it has many guises . It even covers my raisins and some of my biscuits . I can't escape  , it's everywhere I turn ,
and this week ... .Well, this week , in Dunedin, its the annual Cadbury cho  ah chcl it festival . Whilst all and sundry are having fun racing jaffas down the worlds steepest street and learning how to sculpt the unscrupulous brown stuff , I sit at home tormented by thoughts of drowning in a pool of a sweet sticky mess of hazelnut supreme.
This festival is always a difficult time for me . This year my team of counsellors had a great idea . Distraction is what I needed apparently . "Why don't you sign up with an online interest group . A group that has nothing to do with cho .. clte .. it . Perhaps a gardening group " . What a good idea I thought . I will rejoin the SRGC because there is no way they will have topic such as chc .,. clte .. arrgh   it .
So here I am, shot by both sides . The festival and the forum . Thats it . Back to chocolate for me and its all your fault !!!!!   
seed picker from Balclutha NZ

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 11:03:14 PM »
In spite of the Festival and in spite of having two runners in the Jaffa Race, I have my own addiction almost under control. I can now eat only HALF the packet of mallowpuffs in one sitting, leaving the other half until other persons are out of the house. I tried bitter chocolate in the hope it would be so unpalatable it would have the effect of turning me away but no, I quickly learned to make it into a sauce with brown sugar and cream and pour it generously over ice-cream. I am now able to make this sauce in small quantities so that I can have only one helping at a time. So I feel I'm doing very well and will soon have conquered my problem.

In view of the fact we are both from Dunedin Jandals, perhaps we should start a mutual support group?

Funny, I would have sworn it would be the Global Moderator who started this thread. ::)
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

jandals

• the waddleler
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 08:33:28 AM »

In view of the fact we are both from Dunedin Jandals, perhaps we should start a mutual support group?

Yep , you're on . One condition , we have some of your yummy chocolate cake ;D ;D ;D
seed picker from Balclutha NZ

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 09:49:46 PM »
Still waiting for the guy to bring the new oven and wire it in. But anyway, aren't we supposed to support each other NOT to eat chocolate? ??? ??? ???
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

angie

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 11:04:37 PM »
Went into Thortons( chocolate shop ) to buy a box of chocolates for my neighbour and when I got to the till to pay for my £6.99 box of chocolates the lady said if you pay £10 you get a bag with three boxes of chocolates and  a few more goodies, guess what I did  ;D

Angie T.

alpines

• The Alpine Garden
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 11:13:44 PM »
But anyway, aren't we supposed to support each other NOT to eat chocolate? ??? ??? ???

Who agreed to that Lesley? Certainly wasn't me.  ;D
Alan & Sherba Grainger
www.thealpinegarden.com
www.KentuckyFlora.com

bulborum

• Botanical bulbofiel
    • Facebook Forum
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 11:14:10 PM »
You payed £6.99

Roland
RGB or RBGG means:
We collect mother plants or seeds ourself in the nature and multiply them later on the nursery

For other things see:

angie

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 11:15:55 PM »
I did but do you believe me. Roland love that big grin  8)

Angie T.

alpines

• The Alpine Garden
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2011, 11:16:26 PM »
Went into Thortons( chocolate shop ) to buy a box of chocolates for my neighbour and when I got to the till to pay for my £6.99 box of chocolates the lady said if you pay £10 you get a bag with three boxes of chocolates and  a few more goodies, guess what I did  ;D

One of the downsides to emigrating is there's always someone who wants to remind you of just what you're missing. Thorntons........Ahhhhhhhhhh...they are THE best !!!!
Alan & Sherba Grainger
www.thealpinegarden.com
www.KentuckyFlora.com

bulborum

• Botanical bulbofiel
    • Facebook Forum
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2011, 11:18:17 PM »
RGB or RBGG means:

For other things see:

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal