We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: IRG 2011-18  (Read 4343 times)

Peter II

• Journal Access Group
IRG 2011-18
« on: July 23, 2011, 04:43:02 PM »
Auf Seite 17 wird ein "Delosperma congesta" gezeigt. Diese Pflanze wird im Handel auch als D. lineare, D. dyeri und andere Namen angeboten. Aber all diese Namen sind völliger Unsinn. Vermutlich handelt es sich bei der Pflanze auf dem Foto um Delosperma nubegenum (Handelsware), das aber wahrscheinlich auch kein wirkliches Delosperma nubigenum ist.
Den Namen "Delosperma congesta" gibt es taxonomisch gar nicht. Richtig wäre Delosperma congestum. Aber das wäre eine ganz andere Pflanze (http://www.fgas-sukkulenten.de/index.php?view=detail&id=741&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=85&lang=de).   
Leider ist das ja nicht die einzige Pflanze, die unter völlig falschem Namen verkauft wird. Wenn der Verkauf nicht mehr läuft, muss eben ein neuer Name her.
Peter

fgas-sukkulenten.de

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: IRG 2011-18
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 05:56:50 PM »
Peter writes:
On page 17  a "Delosperma congesta" is  shown. This plant is commercially available as D. lineare , D. dyeri and other names. But all these names are utter nonsense. It is probable that the plant in the photo is  Delosperma nubigenum (of commerce), but this is probably not a genuine Delosperma nubigenum.
The name "Delosperma congesta" is not taxonomically correct.  
It should be D. congestum.
But that would be a different plant (http://www.fgas-sukkulenten.de/index.php?view=detail&id=741&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=85&lang=de).  

Unfortunately this is not the only plant that is sold entirely under a false name : If sales are falling, it must be given a new name.

I apologise for the misprint of  D.congesta  that was my typing! :-[ :-[

I must admit to a great confusion myself as to the identification of these Delosperma species ... as others also find, I believe.  I will raise the question with the author.
This is the photo in question.......
306451-0

Certainly this plant has long been in cultivation under the name of D. congestum :-X

Entschuldigen  Sie mir, bitte,  für die Druckfehler der D.congesta, dass meine Eingabe war zu !

Ich  habe eine große Verwirrung um die Identifizierung dieser Delosperma Arten ... wie andere auch, glaube ich. Ich werde die Frage mit dem Autor zu erhöhen.

I hope my German is understandable!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 06:07:42 PM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Peter II

• Journal Access Group
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 06:48:28 PM »
Thank you Maggy,

I understand german well.
Peter

fgas-sukkulenten.de

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 04:23:31 PM »
In 2014, the committee of NATAG   the Nomenclature and Taxonomy Advisory Group  of HORTAX  (http://www.hortax.org.uk)  announced that :

" Delosperma.  It was agreed that the plant grown under the misapplied name D. congesta should be treated as Malotigena frantiskae-niederlovae and that the plant known as “D. sp. from Sani Pass” was now determined as Ectotropis seanii-hoganii.

A.C. Leslie, Chairman NATAG 8 December 2014

Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal