We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Iris and some Irids 2011  (Read 59973 times)

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
Re: Iris and some Irids 2011
« Reply #405 on: November 30, 2011, 09:02:36 PM »
Wim and Rafa, I sometimes get seed, maybe one year out of three so not very reliable but I'll go out and hand-pollinate now (I have only the one clone so it must be self fertile) and if there is any seed you shall share it. I have to admit though that while it germinates well, I have had trouble bringing it on though the first winter and getting it up for the second time. I find it very easy to divide though and every small division makes a nice new little plant. If you could receive plants, I could do that for you both. Of course you'd have to turn their seasons around.

Just two new flowers out this morning so I've done my best with those. It's a shame each flower only lasts a day, but a good clump makes plenty flowers. I've had as many as 18 out at one time. I also found a first flower out on Lilium oxypetalum v. flavidum, from seed. Pale yellow and lightly speckled with red in the centre, slightly citrus-scented. I'm delighted with it and will take a picture when the sun comes around. (Not an irid of course. :))
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

WimB

• always digs deeper...
    • Vlaamse Rotsplanten Vereniging
« Reply #406 on: December 01, 2011, 12:28:43 PM »
Lesley,

I'll PM you.

Looking forward to the lily picture  ;)
Wim Boens - Secretary VRV (Flemish Rock Garden Society) - Seed exchange manager Crocus Group
Wingene Belgium zone 8a

Flemish Rock Garden society (VRV): http://www.vrvforum.be/
Facebook page VRV: http://www.facebook.com/pages/VRV-Vlaamse-Rotsplanten-Vereniging/351755598192270

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #407 on: December 01, 2011, 09:12:11 PM »
I'll put the lily in the Southern Hemisphere thread. Give me a couple of minutes. :D
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal