We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: BULB LOG TRAVELS TO KENT AND SUSSEX  (Read 8725 times)

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
Re: BULB LOG TRAVELS TO KENT AND SUSSEX
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2006, 03:06:11 AM »
More great pics Ian, thanks. So was that little white juno to the right of Iris planifolia a white form of it then? Very nice.

Yes Maggi, I was really commenting on how our own plants seem to be at home in many far off places and how I'd feel at home, seeing that particular planting, as if I were in Dunedin or Christchurch. Though if I were in the UK I wouldn't WANT to feel at home, I'd want to feel as if I were in the UK, else why would I be there in the first place?

So glad you paraphrased Tony. Otherwise, it could have been one of those times Admin felt he had to censor!!! I know Tony very well you see.

Re the bananas, no I didn't steal them - I would have gone for the cherries! - and yes they were mine, but oddly, I came across them in the supermarket, and picked the little stickers off them before the photo opportunity.

You'll find out something even worse about me soon.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Ian Y

• Bulb Despot
  • Administrator
  • Why grow one bulb when you can grow two:-))
    • Direct link to the Bulb Log SRGC
Re: BULB LOG TRAVELS TO KENT AND SUSSEX
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2006, 02:32:37 PM »
Yes oh 'Great Cake Maker In Chief' it is a white form of Iris planifolia .
There were three out on public display but two were going over so I did not take their pictures.
Ian Young, Aberdeen North East Scotland   - 
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
https://www.srgc.org.uk/logs/index.php?log=bulb

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal