We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Eranthis flore pleno  (Read 4838 times)

steve owen

Re: Eranthis flore pleno
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, 07:26:53 PM »
At some expense I obtained a small pot of two eranthis pinnatifida. Could the cognoscenti please advise on my best strategy of keeping what is reputed to be a particularly difficult little eranthis? Grateful.

NCPPG National Collection Holder for Galanthus
Beds/Bucks border

TheNorm

• Obsessive collector of many things esp. Galanthus
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 01:23:58 PM »
Hi Steve,

I'm afraid I have no advice, but would like to know where to get E. pinnatifida myself please?  How much will I be paying as well please?

Thanks,

Lewis
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 01:51:23 PM by TheNorm »
Lewis, Tonbridge, Kent, but a true Scot!

'When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.' - Arthur Conan Doyle.

Alan_b

• 'finder of the light'
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 02:52:04 PM »
Likewise I know nothing, but I immdeiately took to wondering if you could cross-breed eranthis pinnatifida with a more hardy sepcies of eranthis (like hyemalis) to produce something equally beautiful but better-suited to local conditions?

Lewis, this site has a price, although no actual stock http://www.rareplants.co.uk/product.asp?P_ID=472&strPageHistory=related
Almost in Scotland.

TheNorm

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2011, 03:48:00 PM »
Thanks Alan,

I've tried Rare Plants before for Eranthis and they never seem to have what I want in stock.  Any other sources that anyone has would be welcomed. 

Interesting idea to cross these species.  Quite radically different in appearance, wonder if E. stellata would cross as they are more similar in appearance and point of origin? 

I'm only just getting into Eranthis and currently only have E. hyemalis and E. cilicica and E. h. 'Schwefelganz'.  Will be buying some Guinea Gold to replace plants sold to me under that name which definitely are not.  Other than that I'm a beginner who's caught the bug.  I intend to buy Potterton's range of Eranthis this autumn to build up a decent range for the garden.

Lewis

'When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.' - Arthur Conan Doyle.

Ulla Hansson

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2011, 04:30:47 PM »
Westonbirt has had pinnatifida on its fall list the past two years.
Ulla Hansson 45 kilometers east of Gothenburg

steve owen

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2011, 07:42:57 PM »
Hi Steve,

I'm afraid I have no advice, but would like to know where to get E. pinnatifida myself please?  How much will I be paying as well please?

Thanks,

Lewis
Lewis
I got mine at the Loughborough AGS Show three weeks ago. I think it was on the Edrom stall but I could be wrong.
Steve
NCPPG National Collection Holder for Galanthus
Beds/Bucks border

TheNorm

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2011, 07:50:02 PM »
Thanks Steve,

I'll look into it.

Lewis

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal