We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Galanthus Emerald Isle  (Read 5861 times)

Brian Ellis

• Brian the Britisher
  • 'Dropoholic
Galanthus Emerald Isle
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2011, 05:54:09 PM »
I think that Cliff Curtis has his G.ikariae at the foot of a hedge tangled in with the roots.
Brian Ellis, Brooke, Norfolk UK. altitude 30m Mintemp -8C

Paddy Tobin

Galanthus Emerald Isle
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2011, 07:00:43 PM »

What sort of situation are you growing Emerald Isle in your garden Paddy?

Mike,

Here are some photograph of G. 'Emerald Isle'.

The first shows the bed in which we grow G. 'Emerald Isle' - I say, "we" to credit myself with some of the garden work but these snowdrops belong  most decisively to Mary and she would divorce me if I ever touched them. I cannot touch them, lift them, divide them and, most apologetically to those who would like a bulb, cannot give any to friends.

The beech hedge is to the south of the bed and there is a laburnum tree in the centre of the hedge. There is a glasshouse behind the hedge and all of this means that this bed gets no direct sunlight at all.

Photographs of our group of 'Emerald Isle', a single flower to show the extent of the markings on it are below.

Also, a group of G. 'Straffan' and another of G. 'Lady Moore'. What a pity G. 'Emerald Isle' doesn't grow as successfully as these two Irish snowdrops.

Paddy
Paddy Tobin, Waterford, Ireland

https://anirishgardener.wordpress.com/

Paddy Tobin

Galanthus Emerald Isle
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2011, 08:00:29 PM »
I hope John does not mind this digression in his blog.

Normal service will resume on his return.

Paddy
Paddy Tobin, Waterford, Ireland

https://anirishgardener.wordpress.com/

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal