We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Do you  (Read 6904 times)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Re: Do you
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2011, 07:22:15 PM »
I have a wild Primrose in flower; a few hybrid primroses; a Hellebore and some little border Phlox hybrids. Poor dears, they think it's spring.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2011, 08:39:46 PM »
Border Phlox, David? Do you mean alpine creeping Phlox? I have flowers on some.

I stayed in a B&B last night. The woman who runs it has an Auricula theatre with lots of flowers. Her Chaenomeles was covered in red flowers. There masses of Cyclamen hederifolium under a tree
Antrim, Northern Ireland Z8
www.snowdropinfo.com / www.marksgardenplants.com / www.saveourswifts.co.uk

When the swifts arrive empty the green house

All photos taken with a Canon 900T and 230

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 05:19:55 AM »
Mark,

Chaenomeles (double red, 'Apple Blossom' and a pure white) are in flower here as well at the moment.  Just saw a rather nice pure pink one in the garden next to a friend I was doing some work for this morning.  Must think about nabbing a few cuttings if they'll let me.  I dislike the way they spread, but am planting mine in large plastic pots with the bases cut off, to try to limit their spreading tendencies.  Yes I realise it won't stop them, but hopefully it will slow them a little.  ;D

Quite amazing to have so many things flowering in both hemispheres at once.  :o

And given this is a Hepatica topic....... I have some lovely pinks flowering at the moment from seed Lesley sent me a few years ago, plus some blues (Mark S. I think), some americanas (Diane from memory), mixed colours from Gunne-Bert's seed, and some others I am still waiting to see whether they get to flowering size as yet.  Thank you all so much!!  8)  Also awaiting seedlings germinating, which I think shouldn't be too far off.  ;)  Spring is most definitely coming into full swing here, a few weeks earlier than last year.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 05:26:24 AM by Paul T »
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Maren

• Maren & Pln Tongariro
    • Heritage Orchids
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 08:02:44 AM »
All my strawberries are in flower. ??? I hope they flower again next spring.
Maren in Marlow, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom - Zone 8

http://www.heritageorchids.co.uk/

Michael J Campbell

• Forum's " Mr Amazing"
    • lewisias.
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2011, 09:08:54 AM »
And given this is a Hepatica topic....... I have some lovely pinks flowering at the moment from seed Lesley sent me a few years ago, plus some blues (Mark S. I think), some americanas (Diane from memory), mixed colours from Gunne-Bert's seed, and some others I am still waiting to see whether they get to flowering size as yet.  Thank you all so much!!    Also awaiting seedlings germinating, which I think shouldn't be too far off.    Spring is most definitely coming into full swing here, a few weeks earlier than last year.

:o ::) :o ::) ::) ::) :( 21/4/2009
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 09:10:46 AM by Michael J Campbell »

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2011, 11:43:34 AM »
What's the date about Michael? Spring here too, just about. Temp of 18C  yesterday and 17 today, until it turned cold then rained. Magnolias,Michaelias, rhodos in full flower and seeds coming up like mushrooms. A single flower on my (new) wintersweet so I go and sniff it half a dozen times a day. ::) And hepaticas, hellebores of course and all the other little things. Really pleased to see some special Podophyllums through when I thought they'd died.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2011, 01:05:30 PM »
Lesley,

The date I think is to remind me that I owe Michael seed/bulbs, which I haven't yet organised.  No michael, I haven't forgotten, I've just been very, very slack!! :-[  I wish I could say you're the only one, but unfortunately I cannot. :-[ :-[  I can't even guess where the last couple of years have gone since I started back into full time work after my CFS eased up..... :-\

Anyone else reading this who I owe seed/plants to, please PM or email me to remind me.  I really WOULD like to catch up on those I owe to.
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2011, 01:10:34 PM »
Paul, you owe me a return flight to Australia ;D

I have Pulsatilla flowers and flowers on Primula Johanna
Antrim, Northern Ireland Z8
www.snowdropinfo.com / www.marksgardenplants.com / www.saveourswifts.co.uk

When the swifts arrive empty the green house

All photos taken with a Canon 900T and 230

gordon julian

Re: Do you still have Massonia/Polyxena seed
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2011, 12:48:36 PM »
Hi Paul,you had offered seeds of Massonia/Polyxena some time ago and saw your reminder for members still waiting to remind you of wants.Many thanks,Gordon Tasmania
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 12:01:59 PM by gordon julian »

annew

• Daff as a brush
    • Dryad Nursery: Bulbs and Botanic Cards
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2011, 08:40:39 PM »
Hi Paul, you owe me a dozen Galanthus Flocon de neige. :-*
MINIONS! I need more minions!
Anne Wright, Dryad Nursery, Yorkshire, England

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2011, 05:01:17 AM »
Seeds in this direction too, for instance Clianthus formosus, but no matter.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Natalia

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2011, 07:57:41 PM »
Last year, after terrible heat, at me blossomed the second time in the end of summer of plant Hepatica henrii.
Natalia
Russia, Moscow region, zone 3
temperature:min -48C(1979);max +43(2010)

Neil

• Hardy Orchid Grower
    • The Hardy Orchid Society
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2011, 09:10:23 PM »
All my strawberries are in flower. ??? I hope they flower again next spring.

Most years I get some of the earlies flowering around the beginning of September and if I'm lucky they manage to ripen.  They then produce flowers the following year with no problems.

Interested in Hardy Orchids then join The Hardy Orchid Society
Wanted Hardy Orchid Seed please pm me if you have some that you can spare
Sussex, England, UK Zone 9a

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal