We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: STUDY WEEKEND IN NEW ZEALAND 25TH -27TH JANUARY 2008  (Read 16789 times)

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
Re: STUDY WEEKEND IN NEW ZEALAND 25TH -27TH JANUARY 2008
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2008, 07:16:13 AM »
Not "officially" part of the Weekend, was a visit to Mt Hutt. I think the Daves have already posted the best of the floral pics to the "NZ Field Trips" thread, so here are a few more people pics!
Waiting for the hike to begin.
42128-0

Ian and Finn compare notes on who has the best knees.
42130-1

Dave T and Doug H come equal first in the knees competition.
42132-2

Dave tries to better his chances in the Lovely Legs event.
42134-3

The organising team and the guest speakers!
42136-4

Ann, Doreen, Ian with Joe and Finn behind them.

cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2008, 07:34:02 PM »
Great pictures Fermi but you do seem to be a bit obsessed with Dave Toole's legs. They don't do a thing for me. ;D

The Forumist pics are good (except me) and I'm pleased to see a photo of one of the buyers in the plant hall, in that well-known and well-practised pose of handing over the money. That one does it for me every time! ;D ;D ;D
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Luc Gilgemyn

• VRV President & Channel Hopper
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2008, 07:37:58 PM »
Great to see all you guys had such a great time out there !
Thanks for sharing the fun !  :D
Luc Gilgemyn
Harelbeke - Belgium

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2008, 10:19:38 PM »
 I am delighted to say that Ian is home today and his luggage arrived later this afternoon! He has just had a most amazing time and is full of praise and gratitude for the kindness of all of you who made his visit so fantastic.  We heard from Finn today, too, who, unlike Ian was not able to get  sleep onhis 40hour journey home so he is still recovereing... I think the fact that Ian can sleep anywhere will stand him in good stead for a speedy recovery from the undeniably long journey.  I have had a quick look at the photos and I am awestruck by all the places he has been taken to and the plants he has seen. Then there is all the time spent with such great folks whose kindness has been terrific. He just had a great time at the Study weekend, loved all the talks and the company.

Cynthia.... when Ian's bag arrived I got the present.... I was sent a gift from the Aussies, Cynthia, Otto and Fermi....thankyou.....how did you know I like chocolate? I'm slightly puzzled, though...box says chocolate macadamia nuts.... yummmy... but photo on box is of Koala Bears..... I thought macadamias were just a regular kind of nut, but it seems I may have got the wrong end of the eucalyptus shoot here.... ??? ::) :o

Lesley, Ian brought me a present, too... just what the politically incorrect me wanted.... a possum!
 More than one, in fact! A possum pelt, complete with tyre tread logo printed underneath... and a lovely cushion cover. So soft, so cuddly... even softer than Lily!

And, of course, Bron was at the weekend.. who introduced me to merino/possum socks and gloves in the first place.
Huge congratulations to Ann and Doreen for organising this great weekend... and I wasn't even there!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal