We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Narcissus assoanus and Iris lutescens in habitat (Spain)  (Read 3967 times)

ashley

• Pops in from Cork
Re: Narcissus assoanus and Iris lutescens in habitat (Spain)
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2010, 02:16:19 PM »
... Flora Iberica (from Real Jardín Botánico de Madrid) is making a taxonomical revison ... Definitively I don't support this classification ...
http://www.floraiberica.es/floraiberica/texto/imprenta/tomoXX/20_184_05_Narcissus.pdf

Very interesting Rafa; thank you for this.
Ashley Allshire, Cork, Ireland

Emilio Monedero

• Sempervivum: species and cultivars
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2010, 03:15:28 PM »
Great pics Khalid.  Thanks for showing us.

Is there a lot of variability of assoanus in the wild?  Those in your pics have a much larger cup than mine do and I'm interested just how much difference there are in localities in the wild?  In the last pic, are both the clumps assoanus, and is the size difference really as pronounced as it looks in the picture? 

Thanks again for the pics.  :)

Hello Paul

Thanks for your comments. Narcissus assoanus is extremely variable in nature. The pics shows real aspects.

Best regards.
Sempervivum: species and cultivars
http://sempervivum-jovibarbas.blogspot.com/

Gerry Webster

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2010, 04:33:45 PM »
Khalid

The information I have on the distribution of N. assoanus var. praelongus is:  southern Spain, Serrania de Ronda & “around Cabra.”

Rafa

Many thanks for the information. Yet another upheaval in Narcissus taxonomy!
Gerry passed away  at home  on 25th February 2021 - his posts are  left  in the  forum in memory of him.
His was a long life - lived well.

Rafa

• Narcissus King and Castilian conservationist
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2010, 07:54:02 PM »
I would like to request a favor to all of you, please don't share in open forum localities or any information about places, only general distribution as Gerry did. We never know who are reading in internet our coments....
Recently we have notice extractions of bulbs from the most endangered species in Spain.

thank you

Mavers

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2011, 10:32:26 AM »
Wonderful to see narcissus in their natural environment Khalid thanks for posting.

Mike
Mike
Somerset, UK

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal