We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: SRGC Discussion Weekend- 1st -3rd October 2010  (Read 11001 times)

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
Re: SRGC Discussion Weekend- 1st -3rd October 2010
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2010, 12:14:51 AM »
Dave, you'll be unhappy to hear the Cantabrians took home the Ranfurly shield last night. Stuart Murray will be unbearable for weeks to come. John Banks was beaten for Mayor of Auckland by 40,000 votes! It never occurred to the poor fool he wouldn't win.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Knud

« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2010, 09:11:31 PM »
Good evening,
- or Good morning, if more appropriate. I guess the sun never really sets on the SRGC Forum.
Late feedback from an occasional Lurker, and a very pleased and impressed Discussion Weekend participant. Thank you to all involved in making it such an enjoyable, inspiring, informative and, of course, friendly time. This was my third Discussion Weekend, one in Elgin and one in Clydebank before, and this year's was every bit as good as the first two. The SRGC has clearly come up with a very good format for an informal formal event, where the serious never gets in the way of the fun, or the other way around, in fact, the two seem inseparable. It's the people, of course, it's remarkable, and it bodes well for next year(s). If you haven't been to one of these weekends, my recommendation is certainly that if you get only half a chance, go for it! OK, I realize I'm lucky to live just a short hop from Scotland.

Thank you again all for a wonderful weekend, and to Ian and Maggi for a very enjoyable ride to, and afternoon in, Aberdeen.

All the best,
Knud,  in Stavanger on the south-west coast of Norway. 
Knud Lunde, Stavanger, Norway, Zone 8

angie

« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2010, 09:35:14 PM »
Hi Knud  I really wish I had went. You sound as if you had a really good time and I can see that I missed out big time. Next time I am not even going to think about it I am going.

Angie :)
Angie T.
....just outside Aberdeen in North East Scotland

David Lyttle

• Mountain Goat
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2010, 09:47:57 PM »
Last night Dave Toole addressed the Otago Alpine Garden Group on his travels in the UK and Scotland. It was an excellent talk and very enjoyable evening with photos of the various places he went to along with many shots of private gardens of the SRGC members he visited. Some stunning plants and gardens and as Dave said its just a pity he was not there in spring at the height of the flowering season.

Also a great pleasure to meet Ian and Anne Christie on their albeit brief visit , to the Dunedin Botanic Gardens Ian in particular seemed to be much taken with a massive specimen of Eucalyptus obliqua growing in the upper gardens.

I hope we can continue to foster these exchanges between the two hemispheres, share information and enjoy each others plants and company.

On behalf of the Otago Alpine Garden Group greetings and best wishes to all our friends in the SRGC.

David Lyttle, Chairman OAGG
David Lyttle
Otago Peninsula, Dunedin, South Island ,
New Zealand.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2010, 10:35:13 PM »
Well said, David, the level of exchange visits is quite remarkable and of course the internet makes making contact and then keeping in touch so much easier.... really brings the plant world together.  
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal