We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Burchardia lavigera  (Read 3865 times)

Rafa

• Narcissus King and Castilian conservationist
Burchardia lavigera
« on: November 26, 2006, 05:37:46 PM »
I have noticed that Burchardia lavigera seeds have been included in the Exchange and I wonder if the donor would be interested in exchange of material of it, wether seeds or corms.

My seed list request is already sent my seed list 2007 request and I have miss this specie

Many thanks and best regards
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 07:50:25 PM by Maggi Young »

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Re: Burchardia lavigera
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 06:08:51 PM »
Hi Rafa,

If you have not had a reply from someone else I have some seed of Burchadia lavigera from the SRGC Seed List (there is one section of the list where you are sent a selection of seed which you do not need to specify and it is always intersting to see what surprises you have). I would be happy to share them with you, if you are interested please Email me privately with your address and I will post them on to you.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Rafa

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 05:10:19 PM »
Thanks to David, I have received seeds of this specie, but I think is wrong labeling, or a mitake when the donor make the envelopes. Burchardia is a Colchicacea, but the seeds numbered as 640 Burchardia lavigera are these:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 05:12:39 PM by Rafa »

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 05:20:26 PM »
OOps, Rafa, what a shame. I confess to knowing very little about Bruchardia... all I do know is that it is a member of the Colchicaceae, as you say. certainly not what these seeds are! Back to square one, I suppose!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 07:27:19 PM »
Rafa was kind enough to send me some Iris seed-and now I feel awful :( But given the amount of seed involve across the whole Seed Exchange mechanism, and thousands of packets I suppose mistakes are bound to happen. Can I make a plea please-if anyone out there does have seed of Burchadia lavigera-please, please send some to Rafa.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Rafa

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 10:02:08 PM »
David, please do not worry or feel bad about that. It is perfectly normal and logical that errors may occur in a list of 5000 or 6000 species, as much from our part as donors as from the part of the seed list team. Bearing in mind the huge and invaluable task of listing everything that has been donated, the least that can happen is that some species may correspond to another.

I just wanted to inform about the labelling mistake in case someone else had received number 640 as Burchardia lavigera. In any case, whatever these seeds may be, there is no doubt they will be most interesting and highly valuable from a botanical point of view, as they come from one of the world's most prestigious botanical society.

Best wishes,

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal