We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: July in the Southern Hemisphere 2007  (Read 7622 times)

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
Re: July in the Southern Hemisphere 2007
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2007, 03:50:42 AM »
Here are a few more pics taken last week.
Firstly, the very green and strange, Freesia viridis, which arrived as something completely different from the AGS Seedex - it was supposed to be one of my desiderata, Syringodea! Here are 3 views of the freesia, still in it's seedpot 3 years after germinating!
Next is yet another "hoop", this time a hybrid raised by Glenbrook Bulb Farm by crossing "Tarlatan" and "Julia Jane", hence: "GlenBrook Ta-Julia". This is actually a grex and this is the earliest flowering of the ones I've got.
I'll post a pic of Erodium glandulosum "Spanish Eyes" to the Geraniaceae thread later.           
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2007, 12:15:15 AM »
Fermi, the Freesia looks pretty much like what I have as Anomatheca (Lapeyrousia) viridis.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

fermi de Sousa

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2007, 01:21:07 AM »
Hi Lesley,
yes, yet another name change!       
cheers
fermi     
Victoria, Australia

fermi de Sousa

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2007, 08:34:43 AM »
Well, it wasn't frosty this morning, so I was able to get some more pics.
First, the snowflake formerly known as Leucojum tingitanum, now Acis tingitana.
Then some more of the "hoops", the early Narcissus romieuxii varieties and hybrids:
" Treble Chance";
" Jessamy"
2 of " Twenty-fiver" a Glenbrook Bulb Farm raising;
2 of " Galligaskins" another GBF.
cheers
fermi
Victoria, Australia

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2007, 09:39:01 AM »
Lovely to see Fermi. It reminds me of one thing about this disasterous UK Summer, that, in time, Spring will surely follow
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2007, 11:51:07 AM »
Fermi,

Great pics.  Love those hoops.  The 'Treble Chance' in particular is lovely.  It's one that didn't make it at my place for some reason (who knows why, given the others do fantastically for me).  'Julia Jane' is in full flower here at the moment, looking stunning, plus 'Ta-Julia' (or one of its numbered seedlings, I got it from a friend so no idea for sure), 'Twenty Fiver', 'Tarlatan', Galligaskins' (just finishing up), 'Fyno' (a couple of late flowers), plus one or two others.  And then there are a couple of Crocus corsicus (one pot REALLY early, no signs of flower on the others) and a couple of others.  A few other special bits and pieces as well which is nice.  Haven't photographed them all as yet, but try to get them all as I can.  I really must get my butt into gear and post some pics myself. 
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal